IGNORED

Looking for a tank & fenders?

Guest human4m

Guest human4m

So this morning, I decided to take the scoot to work... (47° & overcast was good enough for me)

1/2 way through my 40 mile trek... She's runnin outta gas. No gas light.... Strange. Flip to reserve, and carry on to the gas station.

Pop the gas cap and see something I can't believe I've never noticed... scaly rust... JB Weld...Ugh! I don't know how I missed it until now (i'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I am always too busy staring at my paint) but I can't deal with a corroding fuel neck/tank.

SO- Looks like I'll be ordering some new Alsa paints when the weather warms up and dries out. Anyonw know where I can find a tank, side covers, and fenders for my 97 Royal Star? I would just repaint them, but getting the pinstriping and umpteen coats of clear off just won't be worth it. Besides, I think I want to paint it with the Lava paint from Alsa...

I'm willing to part with my paint set (tank, fenders, side covers) if someone wants them.

Edited by human4m

Guest human4m

Thanks for all the tips... But I think the filler neck might have already rusted-through. It looks like the previous owner tried to cover rust with JB weld.

Time to look for a tank.

Thanks for the reminder, Bower, I didn't even think about media blasting everything... but I hate to destroy the paint job if someone else was interested in it.

Guest human4m
There is one now on the pinwall site for $25.00 bucks has dings and dents. if you wanna bond-o it and paint it.

I looked on pinwall's site, and for the life of me, couldn't find any Royal Star parts on there... I found their eBay store too... Nonetheless, all the tanks are for the Venture it seems. My speedo is on the tank, with the fill on the right hand side, and I can't seem to find any similar.

Edited by human4m