IGNORED

Noise while on jack

While changing oil today I decided to run the rear wheel, with the engine, while I had it jacked up. I got a lot of noise from the rear drive train in every gear. I am thinking that it was from not having any resistance on the rear wheel because I get no noise while riding. She's as smooth as silk when I turn it by hand. Any thoughts on this one?

Guest KitCarson
While changing oil today I decided to run the rear wheel, with the engine, while I had it jacked up. I got a lot of noise from the rear drive train in every gear. I am thinking that it was from not having any resistance on the rear wheel because I get no noise while riding. She's as smooth as silk when I turn it by hand. Any thoughts on this one?
What kind of noise? Grinding, high pitched? I am very, very curious!! I have been trying to quiet down my bike since I have had it, with some success, I am getting closer and closer to understanding it all..........for example the noisy clutch basket assembly......even with it totally removed from the bike...there is noise, seems to set up a harmonics situation at low rpm........noise runs out of the gear box along the main drive shaft everything works around.......so does the noise run back to the drive shaft also........what kind of noise? Hope it is not a grinding noise......might have to take it to the dentist if it is that kind!! Kit