IGNORED

Didn't someone.....

big mike

What were we talking about.:think:

I tell you what I start paying Don $30 a year from now on.

and I get Don's Other set of Fins with Diamond cut in them.

and he gets the free lunch! :D after mike walks him through it.

I will even pay for the set of Diamond bits :)

was nice to talk with you on the phone don!! glad we got that deal all worked out..

wow i didn't realize how powerfull and quickly that you could remove all cougars postings??????:puzzled: cant even see him anymore???? :innocent: gosh.. gunna miss him:duck:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

nobody else can see him either!! rite!!! everybody!!!???

Ok I have been reading through this i really like the way that looks on the fins i've seen this on a harley and fell in love with it. now my question is i have never taken my bike apart other than the fairing and fuel tank and seat. with that being said what should i exspect when i start to take this apart and are there gaskets i will need to replace? and so on. thanks for your help.

Ok I have been reading through this i really like the way that looks on the fins i've seen this on a harley and fell in love with it. now my question is i have never taken my bike apart other than the fairing and fuel tank and seat. with that being said what should i exspect when i start to take this apart and are there gaskets i will need to replace? and so on. thanks for your help.

Nope, it's way easier than taking apart the fairing too! You have 3 allen bolts holding on each fin. The bolts go in a triangle shape directly through the fins. Take out the 3 bolts and your fin is off. Just remember not to run your bike with these off as they do hold in the rubber freeze plugs for the antifreeze. Probably the easiest of the disassembly on this bike, Good Luck!!!!

Big Mike

Hey Big Mike

There is an article on the Venturers site about painting the fins and using a dremel to remove the paint from the edges. He didn't do a diamond grind but it looks good. Try Venturers site>Library Homepage>2nd generation>Miscellaneous. I wrote this down a while ago but haven't checked back since they were having some problems on their site.

Doug

I just have to say thank you for this post!!! This is exactly what I was looking for. I thought I had seen it on this site but I must have been looking at the other site when I saw it. I think I will be doing this mod soon, it's eye candy to me!!!

Thanks Again for posting,

Big Mike

This is what I did to mine with a Dremmel tool, taken with a cell phone sorry about the quality.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx71/milkman138/th_img020.jpg

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx71/milkman138/th_img021.jpg

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx71/milkman138/th_img022.jpg