IGNORED

I’m Glad It’s Still Winter!

OB-1

:snow2: Yes I really did say that, but there’s a good reason. You see, if it was riding season I would be missing out on riding for at least a few days because of a little mishap earlier today with a 20-ton log splitter. The wife and I were splitting more firewood this afternoon because “Global Warming” hasn’t kept things nearly as warm as advertised and we’ve been burning wood since late September. You’d think that I would be an experienced “hand” with the log splitter by now, but apparently not as I managed to insert my left index finger between a log and the end stop on the splitter. OUCH!

Nothing appears to be broken, but I did lose some hide and the ‘meat’ appears to be pretty mashed. Darn thing is still leaking a bit and the little accident happened seven hours ago.

Looking on the bright side, at least its still winter and riding season is at least a month away, probably more than that here. I think it will be a while before my finger can stand the little vibration we get in the handlebars.

OUCH!!! IS RIGHT.. been there done that! even with many years of log splitting under my belt , when living up near Lake Tahoe for many years!

I think we just get tired and are not thinking when that happens!

I hope your finger heals fast to go riding soon! (go to the doctor) for the heck of it ~ :scratchchin: ~

Jeff

I feel your pain. Last week I leaned across the front seat to get a glove that fell off the passenger seat and broke a rib on my right side from the center consoles interaction. I will be out for another week or more. I attended a birthday party for a friend last night and most of us were bikers; we commented on the fact that we have not ridden since early December. Normally we ride every month in the winter here.

:farmer:

:snow2: Yes I really did say that, but there’s a good reason. You see, if it was riding season I would be missing out on riding for at least a few days because of a little mishap earlier today with a 20-ton log splitter. The wife and I were splitting more firewood this afternoon because “Global Warming” hasn’t kept things nearly as warm as advertised and we’ve been burning wood since late September. You’d think that I would be an experienced “hand” with the log splitter by now, but apparently not as I managed to insert my left index finger between a log and the end stop on the splitter. OUCH!

Nothing appears to be broken, but I did lose some hide and the ‘meat’ appears to be pretty mashed. Darn thing is still leaking a bit and the little accident happened seven hours ago.

Looking on the bright side, at least its still winter and riding season is at least a month away, probably more than that here. I think it will be a while before my finger can stand the little vibration we get in the handlebars.

So explain to me again why you're glad it's winter? LOL :snow2:

*LMAO* @ Canuck :D Yeah, what he say's!

I KNOW I KNOW.. Cuz it is so cold he can not feel the pain yet

from the swelling.

Well I was able to pack my finger in snow which helped reduce the pain.:starz: Kept it iced most of yesterday afternoon/evening. Still sore this morning and still leaking from the swelling, but not as bad as I expected.

Had 3 of the 4 grandkids over last night, so know I'm known as "Grandpa Bloody Finger." Took advantage of that this morning to get the grandkids to clean up their breakfast mess. I told them the Bloody Finger was going to get them if they didn't clean up their mess. They screamed in fake horor and quickly put their dishes in the sink and headed off to get ready for church.:thumbsup2: