IGNORED

A little help...

starkruzen

I want to get a set of Karyaken highway pegs and they come in 1"" and 1 1/4". I measured my front crash bar and it measures between 1 and 1 1/4". The question is, should I order 1 inch or 1 1/4 inch? This is for my 07 RSTD.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.:bang head:

I want to get a set of Karyaken highway pegs and they come in 1"" and 1 1/4". I measured my front crash bar and it measures between 1 and 1 1/4". The question is, should I order 1 inch or 1 1/4 inch? This is for my 07 RSTD.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.:bang head:

The magnum clamps also come in 1 1/8". This is the size you'll need. Get the clamp too small and it won't grip the guard properly. Too big and it won't grip at all.

Kuryaken clamp

Tip to make them grip the crash bars...

Cut you a shim from a aluminum coke or beer can. Mine would slip if I put the full weight of my leg on them. After the shim was installed...they have never moved again. I used the 1" clamps

:thumbsup:

Tip to make them grip the crash bars...

Cut you a shim from a aluminum coke or beer can. Mine would slip if I put the full weight of my leg on them. After the shim was installed...they have never moved again. I used the 1" clamps

That's interesting. I use the 1" magnums on my 1" 1stGen case guards and they don't slip a bit. No need to shim. I thought the 2ndGen case guards were slightly larger. 1 1/8" ?? Maybe they are only 1"????

If I remember right...I think mine measured 1" with my caliper.

I think mine stopped slipping due to I used a beer can to make the shim.

Without the shim...they stay in place great till you put your feet on them...:doh:

So far the beer can shins are working great. They been on there for 12,000 miles and have not moved at all.