IGNORED

Passing lamp advise

With all the intelligent people on here who posted insatallation instructions, I thank you. I feel confident to take this project on. The advise I need is Halogen or sealed beam. What is the major difference. Also, I plan on running a fuse box. If I do this, should I still use a relay. I received a gift card for christmas and plan on getting them this week, but I want to check the prices at the bike show first. Thanks to everyone who contributes and saves me money at the stealership. :bowdown:

With all the intelligent people on here who posted insatallation instructions, I thank you. I feel confident to take this project on. The advise I need is Halogen or sealed beam. What is the major difference. Also, I plan on running a fuse box. If I do this, should I still use a relay. I received a gift card for christmas and plan on getting them this week, but I want to check the prices at the bike show first. Thanks to everyone who contributes and saves me money at the stealership. :bowdown:

I have halogen; not sure of the issues. I like my fuse box, and wish I had installed that before the passing lamps. The passing lamps I have like to short at the toggle switch on the lamp housing, and having a separate fuse box is a nice thing.

Definitely yes to the relay.

Dave

The factory pass light assembly is the only available without mucho retro-fit, that I know of. Go with halogen for much more light available. Use a relay no matter where you pull your power from. I have had Adjure halogen lights on my RSMV for five years without a problem.

:farmer:

Going to the bike show here in Maryland this weekend and will be going with the halogen light. They probably won't be at the show, but I will buy this week. Looking forward to being able to see. Now, did any of you switch out the light bulb to see better at night. I just bought my RSTD last summer and the times I rode at night I really had a hard time seeing. I know being 52 has something to do with it, but I felt the light was really dim. Thanks again for everything.

Walt:thumbsup2::thumbsup2: