IGNORED

Bestem Bag for Trunk Rack - size/shape question

Got the Bestem bag delivered a while back. Just got around to checking it out on the bike (its in off site storage).

Question for the group, or any of you that may have this bag.

The one I received is not rectangular. The main compartment tapers to sort of a triangle shape. In looking closer at the website, you can sort of see that this would be the case, although the dimensions listed don't reflect the taper.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Still a great sized bag, just curious.

Also wondering if the Yamaha stock bag is the same way ( I believe Bestem makes them for Yamaha)...

Thanks in advance.

Bob

TopV,

Thanks for the response.

I'm actually looking for info not on the trunk liner from Bestem, but on the Bestem trunk bag that velcros to the rack that mounts on top of the RSV trunk.

Wouldn't happen to have one of those would you?

Bob

I have the Bestem saddle and trunk bags. Also had their saddle bags on my roadie. Never any issues and good bags for the money I think.

Still haven't bought the trunk rack bag yet. It does look high in the center and think it would catch less wind this way. How well does it attach to the rack? Never could see how the bottom straps worked and always wondered. Did it come with a rain cover that looks like it might work?

Got the Bestem bag delivered a while back. Just got around to checking it out on the bike (its in off site storage).

The one I received is not rectangular. The main compartment tapers to sort of a triangle shape. In looking closer at the website, you can sort of see that this would be the case, although the dimensions listed don't reflect the taper.

Also wondering if the Yamaha stock bag is the same way ( I believe Bestem makes them for Yamaha)...

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Yup the Yamaha bag is the same.

Maybe made like that to be aero dynamic:whistling:

I have the Bestem saddle and trunk bags. Also had their saddle bags on my roadie. Never any issues and good bags for the money I think.

Still haven't bought the trunk rack bag yet. It does look high in the center and think it would catch less wind this way. How well does it attach to the rack? Never could see how the bottom straps worked and always wondered. Did it come with a rain cover that looks like it might work?

Jerry,

Attaches with a good amount of Velcro strapping.

Seems pretty solid, although, haven't had it in the wind... currently 15 degrees here in NH.

It did come with a rain cover, might work, but looks like it will need to be bungee corded down (the rain cover that is). The cover is basically a big shower cap that fits over the bag.

Bag itself is pretty nice, I can get 2, 2 piece rain suits and 2 fleece jackets in the main compartment, and still have the 3 smaller compartments empty. Got it for the early spring/late fall rides multi day rides that require multiple layers and extra space when my wife is along.

We'll see.

Bob

Do you actually need the rain cover? I have the old Venture Line bag left over from my '85. No cover. I just hook it to the trunk rack and go. We've been through some serious rain with it, and it's never gotten wet inside (knock on wood - I can't believe I typed that out loud).

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Yep I have one, they do have a strange shape as you said. Velcro works great, I use the main part for rainsuits and jacket, just take it easy with the zippers, they break pretty easily. Craig

we have all 4 bags, saddles,trunk and rack, so far they have been great. the zippers did break on the trunk bag, called bestem and they shipped a new one within a couple days, good people. we pack for a week out with no problems, great investment. tie the rain gaurd on tight.