IGNORED

83-85 saddlebag liners

Hi,

I have been looking in vain for a set of saddlebag liners for my 84 VR.. Can't find anything that would fit and my sewing ability is NOT going to allow me to make any..I have found a few old posts and pm'd Beer 30 , but have not heard anything....

Any ideas or thoughts....Love to have a set for our summer trip to CO

Clay

I've always been curious as to why anyone would need MKI bag liners?? I guess they'd be great if all you packed were clothing. I don't know about anyone else, but that's not generally the case with tool rolls, covers, patch kits, first aid kits, cleaning equipment, etc.... and even if you can get one of the bags packed with pure clothing, the saddles are removable and made to be carried like a suitcase into a motel room. On the MKII, although the saddles don't come off, a couple of smaller duffles that fit over the top of the 'stash' might be put to better use. Having a bag that's cut to fit just doesn't make sense.... :whistling::stirthepot:

I've always been curious as to why anyone would need MKI bag liners?? I guess they'd be great if all you packed were clothing. I don't know about anyone else, but that's not generally the case with tool rolls, covers, patch kits, first aid kits, cleaning equipment, etc.... and even if you can get one of the bags packed with pure clothing, the saddles are removable and made to be carried like a suitcase into a motel room. On the MKII, although the saddles don't come off, a couple of smaller duffles that fit over the top of the 'stash' might be put to better use. Having a bag that's cut to fit just doesn't make sense.... :whistling::stirthepot:

Well Jack I didnt mind unlocking the bags and carrying them around when the finish on the bags was 25 years old, but after painting them last winter, I want to leave them on the bike where they wont get scuffed or scratched, or (...hopefully) dropped.

Brian

Well Jack I didnt mind unlocking the bags and carrying them around when the finish on the bags was 25 years old, but after painting them last winter, I want to leave them on the bike where they wont get scuffed or scratched, or (...hopefully) dropped.

Brian

:sign20: It called pattina.... :)