IGNORED

I'm sooooo scared....

Black Owl

Received this E-mail last night. And being soooo scared that I might lose my E-mail access I immediately sent them the information they asked for. Then, just to make sure my access was secure, I also added my SSn and my back account numbers just to make things A bit easier for them.Yah.... Right..

Dear Web mail Internet Customer,As part of our continuous effort in providing a higher level of service, we are notifying every web mail account owners about the congestions due to the anonymous registration of accounts. To solve this problem, we are shutting down some unused accounts within 24 hours.To avoid shutting down your account, verify and inform us if you still want to use the account by providing the required information below.* Username:* Password:* Date of Birth:* Country Or Territory:After following the instructions in the above, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences it may cost you.Warning! Account owners that refuse to update his or her account after 5 working days of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.Thank you for your understanding.Web mail Online Team.Warning Code: USV64MT1

Yup I got the same thing. Should I not have answered it!:confused07:

Account Alert

Dear Valued Member,

Due to the congestion in all Hotmail users and removal of all unused Hotmail Accounts, Hotmail would be shutting down all unused and unconfirmed Hotmail Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Info below after clicking the reply botton, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

User Name: ...................

Password: ......................

Date of Birth: ......................

Country Or Territory: ...................

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his or her account before two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/70/Windows_live_new_logo.png/200px-Windows_live_new_logo.png

Sincerely,

The Windows Live Team

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:I guess the scammers do get some people to bite or they would stop:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

I have little sympathy for people like us but the tragedy seems to be the elderly who only use email to talk to their kids and really have no Internet savvy at all. My parent's generation seems to be way more trusting than mine and they fall for this crap. Most of the time these perps are from overseas. (I'm 52 BTW so I'm talking about people in their 70s who have never really come to terms with computers. My Dad did really well and used them a lot but my mom never even learned to turn one on.

Received this E-mail last night. And being soooo scared that I might lose my E-mail access I immediately sent them the information they asked for. Then, just to make sure my access was secure, I also added my SSn and my back account numbers just to make things A bit easier for them.Yah.... Right..

Dear Web mail Internet Customer,As part of our continuous effort in providing a higher level of service, we are notifying every web mail account owners about the congestions due to the anonymous registration of accounts. To solve this problem, we are shutting down some unused accounts within 24 hours.To avoid shutting down your account, verify and inform us if you still want to use the account by providing the required information below.* Username:* Password:* Date of Birth:* Country Or Territory:After following the instructions in the above, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences it may cost you.Warning! Account owners that refuse to update his or her account after 5 working days of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.Thank you for your understanding.Web mail Online Team.Warning Code: USV64MT1

Yeah I got the same thing recently, the bad part about it was our provider was making a change over so things got very confusing. I emailed the provider and they said to not answer any of the emails I was getting. Seems they alreay know all the information about my account.:whistling:

Sure looked legit though.

But I do answer the ones that are giving me money, gonna be rich just as soon as they drop that money into my bank accounts.:fingers-crossed-emo

BOO