IGNORED

johnny sidecar

Guest johnny sidecar

Guest johnny sidecar

first time posting thread. I have an 03 midnight venture with sidecar looking for car tire for rear. any hints

first time posting thread. I have an 03 midnight venture with sidecar looking for car tire for rear. any hints

I have a sidecar on my 99 and putting a 165SR15 on it.It's the same height and width as the 150/90/15 on the bike now.I took a used tire and mounted it on a VW wheel and it fit perfect so in my assumption the 165 will fit on the MC wheel.Could be mistaken but gonna try it.I love the sidecar.i have the Velorex.Which one do you have?:cool10:

you are gonna have a problem there. First let me say I own a tire business and I do not recommend doint that. Car and bike tires are very different. You most likely need to use a radial tire and it will feel very different and I dont recommend mixing radial and bias on a bike. secont problem is that you have a 15" wheel in the rear. Only thing I can think of that may still be around is a 165R-15 tire. Those fit the old VWs. Everything else will be too wide. The choices of tires in 15" is deminishing as all the cars are using wider 15s on compacts and all others are using 16" wheels and up. I say again that I strongly suggest using a bike tire unless you are doing a trike. In this case Bike tire all the way!!!