IGNORED

Save folders for PMs

I wanted to save some of my PMs to folders for later reference. I started with the IN box and created the files I wanted and moved the messages. Cool....no problem. I went back to my SENT box and found I was not able to move the messages from there. I assumed that the folders would be shared but I guess not. I can not find a way to create folders for my SENT PMs or move them. There is no "Move to Folder" selection buttom in the lower right hand corner on the SENT window.

What am I missing here?

Mike

You aren't missing anything, there just isn't an option to move the sent items to a folder. The only way that you could do it would be to "forward" it to yourself and then move it from your inbox to another folder. I haven't tried that but it should work fine.

• 1 year later...
I wanted to save some of my PMs to folders for later reference. I started with the IN box and created the files I wanted and moved the messages. Cool....no problem. I went back to my SENT box and found I was not able to move the messages from there. I assumed that the folders would be shared but I guess not. I can not find a way to create folders for my SENT PMs or move them. There is no "Move to Folder" selection buttom in the lower right hand corner on the SENT window.

What am I missing here?

Mike

I was just starting to get into the "project" of downloading (for storage) all my Private Messages.....for later reference...and realized there must be a simple way.

IS THERE?

I see your note, above.....but have no idea how/where you did this!

Thanks for any guidance.

Michael

At lower right side of Private Message screen, There is a Move to Folder option (Selected Messages) in a pull down menu. When you open this pull down, you can save your messages in 3 different formats. Text, CVS & excel. You can save your messages to your PC, then delete the old ones on the forum, thus freeing up room.

You have to do this for each folder you have. Sent & incoming and any others.

Gary

Edited by dingy
no spell check at work