IGNORED

Kickstand Shortening

I thought I remembered someone saying that when they needed a shorter kickstand, they were able to use a kickstand off of a Tour Deluxe or other model of Star motorycle... I searched and cannot find the thread.

Does anyone know that if you can an alternative kickstand as opposed to shortening the OEM stand?

Thanks,

Wally

• 5 months later...

Thread resurrected.....

My '99 RSV seems to be leaning just a little more than it used to, and I'm concerned that the weight of the bike is taking its toll on the stand mount or the stand itself. It's especially bad when parked on anything less than totally level ground, and I have to keep a small 2X4 wood block with me to put under the stand to keep in more upright, which is a pain when remounting the bike. Anyone else have a kickstand problem like this?

My was the same way last week. I let the wife get on first then i get on. I notice a lot of movment in it one nite. Thought that maybe something was bent or the bolt was worn to the breaking point. Took it apart and couldn't even tell it was worn. Bolt was a little loose when I took it apart but not that loose. Just tighten it up more when I put it back together. And all is fine now. Go ahead and grease everything when it's apart.

I have a 2005 Venture and had the Royal Star kickstand installed yesterday. I drilled the hole from a metric 12 to a 15mm. You also need to order the smaller spring. I also ordered the bolt, nut and bushing just in case the old hardware got damaged in removal.

My bike is lowered in the rear (Barons kit) and front forks 7/8 inch.

The bike sits good with the new stand. I had my local bike shop do the work and it cost me $40. to have them change it.

I got my parts from my local Yamaha dealer, the retail cost just for just the stand is $149.00, on line $98 + shipping. I told my dealer about the $98.00 and he said $100 + tax so I got mine from him + hardware.

questions... ? Cb

I have a 2005 Venture and had the Royal Star kickstand installed yesterday. I drilled the hole from a metric 12 to a 15mm. You also need to order the smaller spring.

questions... ? Cb

Can you be more specific about which kick stand you actually used? Do you have a part number or something? I'm sure I could end up ordering the wrong thing... :doh:

Thanks!

Royal Star 1996-2001

stand # 4NK-27311-01-00 NOTE.. the old part # had a 00 instead of the 01

spring # 90506-29358-00

I just did a google search on the stand number and the site give a bunch of dealers with prices. Expect the stand to go backorder because when this questioned is asked a lot of members run down to their dealers and order the stand. Mine took 10 days to get.

REMEMBER... the hole needs to be drilled.

I hope this helps Cb ?

Royal Star 1996-2001

stand # 4NK-27311-01-00 NOTE.. the old part # had a 00 instead of the 01

spring # 90506-29358-00

I just did a google search on the stand number and the site give a bunch of dealers with prices. Expect the stand to go backorder because when this questioned is asked a lot of members run down to their dealers and order the stand. Mine took 10 days to get.

REMEMBER... the hole needs to be drilled.

I hope this helps Cb ?

Thank you!!! :happy34:

• 1 month later...
I have a 2005 Venture and had the Royal Star kickstand installed yesterday. I drilled the hole from a metric 12 to a 15mm. You also need to order the smaller spring. I also ordered the bolt, nut and bushing just in case the old hardware got damaged in removal.

My bike is lowered in the rear (Barons kit) and front forks 7/8 inch.

The bike sits good with the new stand. I had my local bike shop do the work and it cost me $40. to have them change it.

I got my parts from my local Yamaha dealer, the retail cost just for just the stand is $149.00, on line $98 + shipping. I told my dealer about the $98.00 and he said $100 + tax so I got mine from him + hardware.

questions... ? Cb

FYI

The bolt in my '08 is a 12mm x 1.25 pitch. I had the new one drilled as stated above and it was wrong.:bang head: Luckily Ponch was able to weld it up and re-tap it...