IGNORED

GPS mounts

Little more compared to which other mounts? I checked out the RAM site and seems like the total cost is like $40. To me that is pretty cheap.

How secure it is as far as theft goes? Any solutions to theft prevention short of a pit bull, rottweiler (better have a big sidecar lol) or Smith N Wesson? I do understand that if someone wants something they are gonna do what they can to get it.

Thanks.

Little more compared to which other mounts? I checked out the RAM site and seems like the total cost is like $40. To me that is pretty cheap.

How secure it is as far as theft goes? Any solutions to theft prevention short of a pit bull, rottweiler (better have a big sidecar lol) or Smith N Wesson? I do understand that if someone wants something they are gonna do what they can to get it.

Thanks.

I got the complete Ram Mount and GPS holder off ebay for about $36.00.

The dealer I got mine from is mfauls.....

Edited by Skid

Locking knob may only keep part of the Ram mount from being stolen, but on my setup with a Garmin, you can still easily pop the GPS out of the mount at any time.

I just loosen mine up and just leave only the ball mount on the handlebar and put the rest in the trunk or take it with me. Takes just a few seconds.

I found this for you to check out.

http://www.thegpsstore.com/Garmin-Motorcycle-Mt-StreetPilot-261026202720-P224.aspx

Sounds like the right thing to me.

Edit.....oops looks like wizard beat me and at a better price too. If you search his site listed there is a part with only the cable for 28 bucks. But to me the extra cradle and all is well worth the 6 bucks more.