IGNORED

2005 RSV with Voyageur Trike Kit - Comments?????

Evan

At the Toronto International Bike Show today, I saw an 05 RSV with a Voyageur trike kit. It was in amazing condition, with only 1750 miles on it. I talked with the current owner who said it was owned by the proverbial "little old lady who had health problems". Apparently, her husband had the identical bike/trike. The owner is asking $13,500 obo. Don't know whether that is a good price (especially here in Canada as new RSV's are over $20,000 at the show. Also don't know whether these trike kits work well. Apparently it is easily removable so the RSV can be rode with or without it or it could be sold if there is a market for these. Interested in opinions on these kits as well as the price. Also, I have the guys contact info if others are interested. I have tried to attach some pics.

The Voyager kit is a great inexpensive alternative to the Trike. There's a couple flaws with them with regard to performance but over all a really neat kit.

I had a friend that had one on his Wing and a couple time he got the drive wheel in a 'gully' and was help up in the air by the 2 side wheels. That only happened on a dirt/gravel road with ruts that we shouldn't have been riding on anyway.

Generally speaking, a person can find one the Voyager kits (used) for $2000 or less versus $6000 and up for a trike kit.

As Arte Johnson used to say "VERRRRYYY Interesting!" :scratchchin:

That bike, and I'd be willing to bet it's the same one, sold on eBay just over a month or so ago for $11,500. It's the same model, color, mileage, w/Voyager kit, and for the same reason. It was the wife's bike and she'd had an accident to where she couldn't ride her own bike and would now have to ride two up with her hubby. If I could have figured out a way to pay for it, I would have bought it myself as that is exactly what I'm looking at doing with my own Venture {after I've bought one of course!}.

Voyager kits run about $4k to $5k brand new. They have slightly different designs depending on which bike you have and can be interchangeble between bikes so long as both take the same model. All you would need extra in that case would be the mounting kit for the second bike. If you can find the right Voyager model for your bike used, you can save some serious bucks.

The fun part about the Voyager kit is that your bike is a "trike" when you want it to be and a 2 wheeler when you don't want the "trike". BTW, full out trike kits start at about $10k and go up from there.

I've seen the kit in action at the PIP a couple of years ago. It worked fine but like mentioned you have to watch getting the rear wheel in a rut.

That price is very good for a Canadian price tag.

If it is the same bike as on ebay then its still not bad...after conversion to US dollars and paying for the trip to get it, Registry of Import costs (200 or so) and then both taxes...you get my drift.