IGNORED

here's one for "what it's worth"

Thats what you call paying for an education. The mexican influence is starting to show in you. Wanting to make a low rider out of an antique scooter I just don't know about you and no the tires and wheel off a 10 speed won't fit ether.:stirthepot::rotf::rotf:

Thats what you call paying for an education. The mexican influence is starting to show in you. Wanting to make a low rider out of an antique scooter I just don't know about you and no the tires and wheel off a 10 speed won't fit ether.:stirthepot::rotf::rotf:

mike you are still "as full of s#!T as a tomcat"!

lol

just jt

ok jt are you goin to tell us why , :detective::detective::detective:

well THOM, since you asked - - - - -

the "CLASS" ,air valve is directly below the tree, on both forks. it is apparently "pressed on", and then , the air line and bleeder line, are tapped and threaded, into the fork.

without changing over to 2nd gen cheapy forks, you cannot alter the height of your first gen, front end.

soooo, now i'll go with the "10 speed" smaller front avon tire!

lol

just jt

Yes you can lower the front end on 86 thru 93 ventures.

You can lower it a little by removing the plastic spacer inside of the forks on top of the spring inside the fork tubes.

I just made mine higher by making the spacer bigger to get my trike to ride level. Give it a try and see what it will do for you.

Later

Bikenut

I looked at dropping mine, too, but as soon as I saw those air rings, I decided-----I've had my butt kicked by myself way too many times to try that, so I just put it back together. But I might try that spacer thing. I'm like hipshot, just a little better on the slow side ( of course, 1st genners don't always see speeds that low, unless we're pulling into the garage to park it for the night!)

Dan

JT is the one person i know that can fix something, that may or may not be broke for less than a dollar! lol

I still remember the diaphram fix.

actually, bud, this one went WAY over budget!!!

cost me $1.80, for hardware to make a tool to recompress front forks, back up into the triple tree!!!!!!

i pulled the steering head bearing, NO GREASE!!!! just some faint semblance of a brownish , waxy , looking film!

washed it out , repacked the bearing, better than brand new!

just jt