IGNORED

First ride of the year

Guest Ken8143

Guest Ken8143

Santa Claus brought my honey belated gifts - a nice first gear jacket and joe rocket gloves. Today between cold and rain we took a spin down the road. First ride of 2010 for us. A bit nippy.

Met a HD rider with his main squeeze on the back. He yells out "Are we nuts or what?" I say, "Nah, not nuts. We are having fun." We wave and drive on. I did not twist the wrist and leave him far behind. It is the start of a new year, a time for peace and cheer all around.

rode 147 miles today, started out at 81, then dropped into the low 50 by mid-afternoon, as the cold front moved into south florida. I got stuck in some of that cold front rain, but rode out of it going south.

South Florida:draming:ING:cool10::parrots::Venture:

Temps here were in the mid 40s this afternoon, but the sun was out, so I decided why not, I'll run some errands on the RSV. Got over on the next street over and saw what I thought was another RSV parked in a neighbor's driveway. I turned around to see who it might be. Turned out to be an '05 RSTD. The owner, Charles, was step brother of the neighbor. Spent the next hour talking to him. Told him about VR.ORG, but he said he does not have internet. During the conversation he asked about popping on de-cel. I asked if he had ever done a carb sync. "Nah" he said "the dealer wanted $375.00 to do it!" The Stealership must have found out how hard it is :yikes: because last year they quoted me $225.00. :scratchchin:

When I told him it was a 15-20 minute job he was glad he didn't let them do it either.

We'll get together later and hook up my two vacuum gages to see how bad off his carbs are.

Now back to my errands, Wally World for an Rx for the Mrs., then over to Brandon to Home Depot for a water heater pop off valve. Tired of luke warm showers and double water and natural gas bills. :crying: Another story for another time...

Got home with that and the wife said she was gonna order catfish dinners and I needed to go pick them up. Well, ok, bike is all warmed up already, sooooo...

By now it is dark and temps are in the upper 30s,:cold: so as I'm putting on my wind suit pants, the wife asked, why don't you just take the car? She just doesn't get it!!! :stickpoke:

I mean, that's a chance for another 15 or so miles!!!:dancefool: