IGNORED

Any one near Goodlettsville Tn?

Bob Myers

Wife and I are in need of the loan of some tools to facilitate me repairing her Jeep. If no one is near I can always find a Sears or Kmart and buy tools I need. We had a wheel bearing go out and cannot get parts until Saturday. We are at the motel we had chosen for our destination so no rescue mission is needed.

Auto Zone has a loan-a-tool program. You just have to lay down a deposit, and you get it back when you return the tools. They have almost everything a person could need. I think there is an Auto Zone over by Rivergate on Gallatin Road.

But they're closed already, he wanted to get a start on pulling it apart, I would imagine. If he was up here, the trailer would have got him and we'd be in the garage tearing it apart. Got the tools to do it. He mostly needs the axle bearing nut socket, about 2-1/4 to 2-1/2" I believe. got one for a jeep and one for a Blazer in there.

Hope you get it fixed pretty easy, Bob, and you've got a dry and warm place to do it in.

Merry Christmas and sorry this happened to you, good luck for the rest of your travels,

Dan

But they're closed already, he wanted to get a start on pulling it apart, I would imagine. If he was up here, the trailer would have got him and we'd be in the garage tearing it apart. Got the tools to do it. He mostly needs the axle bearing nut socket, about 2-1/4 to 2-1/2" I believe. got one for a jeep and one for a Blazer in there.

Hope you get it fixed pretty easy, Bob, and you've got a dry and warm place to do it in.

Merry Christmas and sorry this happened to you, good luck for the rest of your travels,

Dan

Just checking to see how you made out. Get it fixed?

Thank you for your replies! I did get the Jeep fixed today, ended up replacing both front wheel bearing units. They were both bad, it was danged cold working in the motel parking lot. Had to walk several trips to buy more tools but I did make it work! Spent near $220.00 doing it, but I did it myself. The hubs popped right off without being stuck to the axles, thanks to my applying generous amounts of never-seize when I replaced the axles 6 years ago. 36mm is axle nut size!

Edited by Bob Myers

Thank you Vic, I did get it repaired, it really wasn't a tough job it just was I had no tools to work with. So, I bought more tools, and guess I'll fashion some sort of carrier to keep them in her Jeep "just in case".

We'll be back in your neighborhood again soon, i'll advise ahead of time and plan a meet.