IGNORED

TCI problem partially cured

I've spent the last few days searching the forums for the tci problems - sure enough I finally got in and found the TCI under the battery box. I removed it through the right side(after removing the trim/screen below the upper fairing) and it had a teaspoon of water in it! Who is Mr Yamahas' engineer? I took the lid off and let it dry out for a day, brought the connectors up to the air cleaner lid, plugged the tci back in and it fired right up! Sweet!

Now, you guys that have done this "relocation", What do I have to trim to get the "false gas tank" to fit back on? Seems like the TCI is holding it up 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch.

I see that the only downside to moving the TCI up above the air box is that it prevents one from converting the old fuse box into the new style. I'm thinking about getting the new style fuse box, but it would require the new fuse box to be located on top of the air box. Any suggestions as to an alternate location of either the "new" fuse box or the TCI when I do both mods?

if its skydocs fuse set up youre lookin at, the terminal blocks are mounted to the top of the air box, the fuse box is in the original position over battery. if you dont plan on adding electrical gizmos then the terminal blocks are not needed. i put them on mine but never hooked them up since i dont run any extras.