IGNORED

Anyone know what brand of Mufflers these are?

DAKn2

I recently purchased a 97 RSTD. One of the first projects I want to tackle is replacing the mufflers that are installed and probably go back to the OEM mufflers.

It appears that some aftermarket slip-on mufflers were installed and I am now trying to determine what brand of mufflers are installed on the bike; mainly to be able to sell them, or trade them for excellent condition OEM mufflers. Although the sound is very deep and powerful (and impresses most of my friends), it's a bit too loud for me, especially after Chemo affected my hearing, and I really don't want to tic off all the neighbors when I leave for work at 6 AM on the morning...

So any ideas what brand/model these might be?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Good looking bike! Not sure what make those pipes are but if you decide to sell them you should get a good price. Those 4x4's are hard to find and no one makes them anymore to my knowledge. I paid $350 for a set of Jardines this year and I was glad to pay it. It may be hard to find a set of stock mufflers also.

Some mufflers will have the name stamped into the metal on the backside. You might look there and see. My Kromewerks turn outs are stamped on the back or I wouldn't know what they were.

I have both the Kromewerks and the stock mufflers for my bike. The Kromewerks are moderately loud, but I have found that they don't affect my hearing any differently than the stock ones. It is the wind noise in the helmet that bothers my ears. I have to wear earplugs. As for your neighbors, just short shift until you get out of the neighborhood.

Good looking bike! Not sure what make those pipes are but if you decide to sell them you should get a good price. Those 4x4's are hard to find and no one makes them anymore to my knowledge. I paid $350 for a set of Jardines this year and I was glad to pay it. It may be hard to find a set of stock mufflers also.

Thanks for the info; I am indeed having issues finding stock mufflers, but I've only been looking for 2 weeks...

Do you know what year range I should be looking for to fit a 97?

Some mufflers will have the name stamped into the metal on the backside. You might look there and see. My Kromewerks turn outs are stamped on the back or I wouldn't know what they were.

I have both the Kromewerks and the stock mufflers for my bike. The Kromewerks are moderately loud, but I have found that they don't affect my hearing any differently than the stock ones. It is the wind noise in the helmet that bothers my ears. I have to wear earplugs. As for your neighbors, just short shift until you get out of the neighborhood.

Thanks for the tip; I tried to look at the back for what little I could see; but that isn't much - a lot more to see if I'd remove them.

I did try the short shifting; still really loud.

If they are the Cobras (and I believe they are), they obviously don't make them anymore. I got mine in mid-'07, but I don't recall what I paid for them. I do remember that Cobra took them off the website shortly after the time I bought mine. I'll dig around and see if I can find my receipts (I keep everything). Seems like they were quite expensive if you got them from Cobra. I think I got mine from a guy on Ebay. (hard to remember.... I was buying a lot of stuff for both bikes from all over the net, at that time. ) I'll let you know.

you maybe able to get some heavy-duty stainless steel pot scrubbers and push them up into the mufflers and quiten them down. use a broom stick to put them in and a hooked-end wire to pull them up. you can adjust the sound by how far in or out you put them. a cheap trick if it works. i have a set of oem mufflers that has a few scratches on them, but in pretty good shape. will take shipping cost to you if interested. may try to get better pics to show up scraps.

you maybe able to get some heavy-duty stainless steel pot scrubbers and push them up into the mufflers and quiten them down. use a broom stick to put them in and a hooked-end wire to pull them up. you can adjust the sound by how far in or out you put them. a cheap trick if it works. i have a set of oem mufflers that has a few scratches on them, but in pretty good shape. will take shipping cost to you if interested. may try to get better pics to show up scraps.

Thanks - I am most definitely interested. I'll PM you with additional info.