IGNORED

Harley Boy dumped?

az1103

Just got my Motorcycle Cruiser Mag. Looks like they want to survive after all! They dumped Billy boy Bartells as editor....I wonder what took them that long, that rude little creep alienated a lot of subscribers I would suspect.....Too late for me though, I won't be renewing. I notice all that male potency and enlargement advertising has disappeared with him as well!!! Good going, even if too late.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I know this sounds kind of strange coming from a guy who has been into tour bikes since since I strapped my first milk crate onto a luggage rack but about the only mag I'll actually buy anymore is "The Horse".

It is built on folks who make do with what they have to work with and create some pretty nice rides out of what has piled up in the garage or better even still, what they made to fill the need.

I like the "Talk Back" section where readers submit pics and talk about their bikes and and it shows there are a lot of very creative folks out there.

So course "George the Painter" articles have been favorite of mine for a long time. I suppose that reflects on the the way I looked at life for so many years myself.

But the ads are minimal compared to most bike mags and and articles are about people who build, repair, rebuild and modify their own and ride them.

Sound familiar?

I suppose this site is about the same as "The Horse" in what we are into and do here.

Mike

Not one add - zilch, nada, none, not even one!

Motorcycle Consumer News has made a strict point of never being beholding to any manufacturer or other advertiser, and the only way they can absolutely guarantee that is to not ever take a dollar of advertising money. They cover all types of bikes (but mostly road bikes), they have lots of excellent tech articles and bike comparisons, and you can absolutely believe that THEY believe what they say.

Their web site sucks (http://www.mcnews.com), but the rag is good. And even with the shortcomings of their web site, you can get a feel for the magazine, so check it out!

Goose