Found a puddle of coolant on the garage floor, It is running down from the Head area of the right back cyclinder. Took it to dealer and it will be approx a week before they get to it, service manger said he have to wait until the tech breaks it down to see if the warranty covers it ?????????. Is there any reason they shouldn't cover it? the warranty is good until Aug 2010. they replaced the stator under warranty so I would it would cover the coolant leak

05 Venture

Edited by fardnarger

What year is your bike? I presume since you say your warranty runs out in 2010 thatyour bike is either an 05 or an 06. I believe that there is a service/technical bulletin on some of the bikes that the heads were not torqued properly at the factory and had potentially caused coolant/oil leakage... I may be wrong on the years for this, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

To answer your question, the only thing that cause this to be something the warranty wouldn't cover is if there is reasonable believe (and proof) that you neglected something on the bike that caused the problem.

So, hopefully they make it right and you have your bike back reasonably quickly :)

Good luck!! :thumbsup2:

• 3 weeks later...
Found a puddle of coolant on the garage floor, It is running down from the Head area of the right back cyclinder. Took it to dealer and it will be approx a week before they get to it, service manger said he have to wait until the tech breaks it down to see if the warranty covers it ?????????. Is there any reason they shouldn't cover it? the warranty is good until Aug 2010. they replaced the stator under warranty so I would it would cover the coolant leak

05 Venture

Got the Venture back yesterday, (on my birthday) they repalced the cylinder plug, the dealer said that in 4 years of having the dealership, this was the first time they had dealt with this type problem. This was after they had call me twice to say that they didn't see any leakage, they had 16 hours of labor in it, this after I showed them where it was coming from and told them about the plug, I wouldn't have known about it without this Venture website, a thank you to all and thank goodness it was covered under warranty

:clap2:

Under the cylinder head cooling fin cover there is a seal sometimes that seal will work it's way loose, not a big deal, remove 3 allen screws, the fin comes off and you will see where the leak is coming from. Most of the time just tighten the allen screws that hold the fin on or add a flat washer on top of the seal to push the seal inward and your done.

Under the cylinder head cooling fin cover there is a seal sometimes that seal will work it's way loose, not a big deal, remove 3 allen screws, the fin comes off and you will see where the leak is coming from. Most of the time just tighten the allen screws that hold the fin on or add a flat washer on top of the seal to push the seal inward and your done.

I have since last week a small anti freeze leak ...you will see it on the left hand side ( back cilinder ) when the bike is parked longer then 1 day ....but when the engine is warm or running it is gone.

can this be the same problem .? ..see red arrow.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/color01joy/venture-1.jpg

It's very possible, Is there a puddle under the bike after you have ridden and it sets up over night? The part number is 90338-11152-00 Description: Plug,Spec'l shape

yes .. after a day .. there is a little bit of anti freeze under the bike ( side of kick stand )