I need help dealing with my CLASS system....

When I turn the bike on ACC the Class monitor shows 88, then it cycles to 0, then the E1 appears...it will stay on E1 for about 5 seconds then you'll hear a double "click" where the compressor is and the cycle will start over...back to 88 then to 0 then to E1..repeat etc..If I try to use the system it immediately goes to E1

Any idea what it can be and how to fix...Thanks in advance

You probably have cold solder joints in there, which is indicated by the E-1 indication. Pull the control head out and open it up, check the solder joints at the connection pins and resolder.

You can also do a thread search on it, which will give you the exact procedure.

Before you open the CLASS computer, you should attempt to get a better connection (try to wiggle the connector a little further in). This works for me and I know that it works for others too. If this doesn't fix it, then you would want to look at re soldering the connector points.

These corrective actions work for E1 & E4 codes on the CLASS system.

Luckily it wound up being something simple...As WHCC alluded to it was a simple matter of spraying some electrical cleaner and reseating the big white plug under the control unit. I also did the same procedure to the red and black wire for good measure..

All's fine now...Thanks

• 3 months later...
Yes, here you go. BUT....you can still ride until you get it fixed. :)

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=493

Thanks Don, I did find it after i got this posted. Getting ready right now to do the deed.

How do you operae this thing, i have figured out that the switch has to be in "Accy" but haven't found out how to operate the buttons, most of the lettering is gone.