IGNORED

Forgive Me For I Have Sinned

ManWithAVision

A buddy and I test road the Vision this year when the trailer was brought to Bakersfield. I really enjoyed the ride, about 60 miles on twistys and slabs. But, unlike you, I heard the top end of the motor, I thought quite a bit of noise. Not like my Venture at all. As a matter of fact, since I've been using motorkote, My Venture is almost as quiet as a Harley motor when it comes to top end noise. I also felt quite a bit of gear lash, which I had thought would have been eliminated by the belt drive. The Vision felt tireless at speeds above 85 mph, not even like it was trying hard at all, unlike the Venture, which I've always thought as a little buzzy above those speeds. If it wasn't for the air cooled motor, I would definitely consider the Vision as a touring bike, with the addition of a trailer.

Congrats on the new Vision. Like others have said, its about the ride and the people more than the name on the bike. IF you like it then that is what counts.

I have been trying to decide what to go with if my '86 VR (that I love) becomes unfixable at some point, or I just decide I want something new. The Vision is on my short list.

One point that was made in one of the reviews was that the trunk and bags aren't as roomy as some other bikes, What did you think of that? I need room, because I really don't want to haul a trailer, and my wife's Shadow Ace Tour doesn't have a trunk, so between her two saddlebags, and my bags and trunk we usually get along well on trips, with just one piece of luggage on her passenger seat. IF we got one bike with less room, it would mean leaving something home, like an extra set of clothes or maybe the first aid kit or air compressor.

Keep us informed when you get the bike!

The trunk on the Vision is large enough to accomodate two full face helmuts, so I would say it is comparable to the Venture's. The side bags may look smaller, but unlike those on the Royal Stars, they open sideways and there is additional room for items to protrude into the covers. The brochure claims a total storage capacity of 29 gallons.

On one of the Visions in the showroom they had a fair sized aftermarket bag mounted on the pillion seat which fit quite nicely without interfering with the drivers seat. This is what my wife did on our trips. She just had the basic side saddlebags on her Suzuki C50 and would strap a Kuryakyn pack to the pillion. I carried an Areostich bag on my pillion in addition to the custom tour pack and OEM saddlebags. This gave us sufficient clothing capacity to have fresh duds for a week at a time.

W.

A buddy and I test road the Vision this year when the trailer was brought to Bakersfield. I really enjoyed the ride, about 60 miles on twistys and slabs. But, unlike you, I heard the top end of the motor, I thought quite a bit of noise. Not like my Venture at all. As a matter of fact, since I've been using motorkote, My Venture is almost as quiet as a Harley motor when it comes to top end noise. I also felt quite a bit of gear lash, which I had thought would have been eliminated by the belt drive. The Vision felt tireless at speeds above 85 mph, not even like it was trying hard at all, unlike the Venture, which I've always thought as a little buzzy above those speeds. If it wasn't for the air cooled motor, I would definitely consider the Vision as a touring bike, with the addition of a trailer.

Initially the Motorkote and Amsoil oil seemed to quiet down my whining and chirping on my RSTD quite a bit, but it returned recently back to the same level as before. I'm starting to think maybe it depends on what day your motor was assembled at the factory. Originally it seemed to be worse on hot and humid days but my last trip was in mid November in southern Ontario, so that blew that theory.

One of the things I always wanted in a bike was the ability to cruise along at 70 without feeling the motor work. I quickly traded in my Suzuki C50 because at that speed I had trouble keeping my feet on the floorboards due to the motor buzz. Keeping the revs up on the Royal Stars is a common theme, but doing 65 in fourth is not my idea of a relaxed ride. I only had a short time on the highway with the Vision. By the time I got it into 6th gear doing 70 my exit was coming up fast but it certainly felt comparible to driving along at the same speed in my F150. Smooth and quiet. Maybe my full face helmut helped to shave some decibels off the noise levels.

That's it. My Royal Star days are over (for now). The dealer came and picked up my baby this afternoon. I would have liked to have ridin it there but it was just too darn cold and windy today.

Suddenly I feel so bikeless:yikes::bawling:What a terrible feeling.

My new Vision should be delivered close to Christmas time (maybe in time to park it under the tree).

If anyone is looking for a really sweet ride it should be on the showroom floor this weekend at Peak Power Sports in Burlington www.peakpowersports.ca

• 2 months later...

I am a pretty new guy here, have owned three ventures, four goldwings...

You guys/gals are great !! But today my midnight was traded for a victory cross country..gawd ! I love it !!!!.. Yamaha best get off their ass (honda too) been riding two wheels since 1954 (damn i guess i'm gettin' old)..anyway the best to you all and if you need any cassetts let me know (lol)