IGNORED

? on OLDEST and Youngest Venture Riders ... Lost Age 77 ...

I posted the question on the ages of those who ride who are on this site. The youngest was 24 and the oldest was 77, but I lost the record of the guy who was 77.

THEN I reposted most of this on Second Gens that have trouble reading the license plates of 1st gens when they wish they could pass them .... ahem .... and NEMO cam on and said he was 77, as did ChaHarley, ... who said he was 16 years young! So ... these two are in the lead as the youngest and oldest for a few more days. THEN I will summarize and post the results.

If any of you know of him, or you are the courageous one, ... post here. THEN I'll summarize by 10 youngest and 10 oldest, and groups of 10's inbetween and some of info on wifes/riders on the Queen Seat.

Thanks for all your comments and help. I just need this guy's info to complete the list.

JackZ

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, this turned out to be the OLDEST A N D THE YOUNGEST VENTURE RIDER post. A peek at the results:

Nemo leads at 77 years!

Art708 came in at 72 (with a wife at 40)

LoboHurifiano is at 73 (with a riding wife of 75! Oldest Rider so far).

Loosebiker is at 72

Loadmaster came in at 71 (he started at age 20)

And the youngest?

Chaharly, ... BD 4/5/93 if you don't believe his claim of 16! AND ... he rides a 1985 Venture Royal!

So there. All of you have it all. More later. Look for a NEW POST in January for a summary of everyone! Hey guys and Ladies, it's been a hoot!

JackZ

aka

DePreach

PS Thanks Dan!

In my summary I'll note you took your FIRST ride behind your grandfather. Hope he's still with you as he will be as proud of you at 24 for riding (safe) as he will be at any age, when he receives his Great Rewards (with a new Motorcycle designed by God; it WILL look like a Yamaha VR, LOL).

JackZ

aka

DePreach

In my summary I'll note you took your FIRST ride behind your grandfather. Hope he's still with you as he will be as proud of you at 24 for riding (safe) as he will be at any age, when he receives his Great Rewards (with a new Motorcycle designed by God; it WILL look like a Yamaha VR, LOL).

JackZ

aka

DePreach

He is still around :thumbsup2: And I have proudly had him on the back of his original 82 GW (that I had my first ride on) as well as my 2nd Gen. He greatly enjoyed both (Yet he will not get on the back of a bike driven by anyone else - so I suppose that says something...)

And he told me he wants to hang around long enough so I can take him for another spin.:Venture:

The only reason his 'new' bike will look like a VR is because THEY look so much like the old wings :smile5: :stirthepot:

I was fortunate to buy my first Venture Royale this Fall from an 82 year old gentleman in Nashua, NH that my wife met at her gym. He is not a member here, but he had ridden the bike up until this past September, even driving to the Laconia Bike Week back in June.

He decided he will buy something smaller next Spring and keep riding........amazing.

Thanks for sharing. NOt sure about including a non-venture internet member, even at that age. However it is noteworthy, so that may be the way I should list him if you can give me his name, the type of bike he plans to ride, and I already have in your PM I think, the bike he sold to you. Let me know your thoughts.

JackZ

aka

Zfrebird4

aka

DePreach

• 2 weeks later...