IGNORED

Sleep Aid??

Yammer Dan

Ok .....this sounds a bit corny but pick up a Kenny G. album. Any one will do. I never knew there were more than 2 recording on it. By the time I was half way into the second track I was out like a light.

If ya go with the Melatonin, watch your dosages. My sister in law turned my on to that years ago when I was changing jobs and schedules. Standard dose didn't help so I added a little extra. Nada......add another pill......nope.......another one please.

What I ended up with was a full night of CinemaPlex 45. Dreamed from the minute I feel asleep to the time I dragged myself out of bed. Not much rest involved. I finally saw my doc and explained my problem and told him about the Melatonin. He had tears running down his face he was laughing so hard. Very comforting.

Seems that 1/2 a pill would have been the correct dose for my age and size. Doh!

I was just getting used to it. Canceled my cable service and everything.

Ok .....this sounds a bit corny but pick up a Kenny G. album. Any one will do. I never knew there were more than 2 recording on it. By the time I was half way into the second track I was out like a light.

If ya go with the Melatonin, watch your dosages. My sister in law turned my on to that years ago when I was changing jobs and schedules. Standard dose didn't help so I added a little extra. Nada......add another pill......nope.......another one please.

What I ended up with was a full night of CinemaPlex 45. Dreamed from the minute I feel asleep to the time I dragged myself out of bed. Not much rest involved. I finally saw my doc and explained my problem and told him about the Melatonin. He had tears running down his face he was laughing so hard. Very comforting.

Seems that 1/2 a pill would have been the correct dose for my age and size. Doh!

XXX Rated???:whistling:

I wonder about the term "All Natural"? Remember poison ivy, hemlock and castor beans are "all natural", but I don't think I'd want any of them in my salad... :doh:

As for Ambien, when my wife takes it, I don't get any sleep that night! (Nah, not THAT) It makes her sleep walk. Mostly she wants to raid the 'fridge, then dozes off spilling what ever all over her. That wakes her up and it is back to the 'fridge. Repeat.....

The next morning, she has no memory of any of it. SO if you try Ambien, have the Warden prepared to protect you from you!!! :2cents:

Ok, some thoughts and alternatives may be drinking some Valerian root tea at night and maybe a little Kava Kava. Also, some regular acupuncture could not hurt. Erv and I are firm believers in accupuncture. It has done some pretty miraculous things for me and he will sing its praises too. I know the Kava Kava can be a little hard on the liver if you mix it with alcohol, so I would really look for some Valerian Root tea. It will make you mildy drowsy and allows your sleep rythm to stay in sync, so when you are awakened you can fall back asleep without a lot of time passing. Good luck and we are sorry to hear of the sleep issues. Not sleeping for any reason results in the same thing...tired!

I tried Melatonin once and had my very first sleepwalking experience. I could have sworn I was at the office trying to get out the door. I heard Erv's voice say "What the heck are you doing?" This made no sense to me as he was not supposed to be at the office. I told him I was trying to get out the door. He said "Oh, here, let me help you then." and turned on the light. There I was, standing in the closet and him saying "Come out of the closet Honey." I was very startled and shocked, as well as embarrassed. I never thought I would hear him say "I knew you would come out of the closet eventually." He also said he was afraid I would be there all night and that is why he finally said something. It did take him a while because he thought I was the cat. I have no idea how long I was in the closet, but it sure was a hilarious recollection in the morning.