There is really nothing to turn on. The intercom is on all the time. Make sure that you have the volume turned up. When you scroll through the options with the control pod...there will be one that says IC. That is the Intercom volume. We run ours on about 14. She also has a separate volume control on the left arm rest. Make sure it is turned up.

Thanks for the response Freebird. I adjusted the IC volume through a range of 10 - 20 but it does not seem to work correctly. I get volume through the headset speakers for radio & CB but voice doesn't seem to activate mike through headset speakers. Could the AV volume setting be an issue?

I don't think so. It should work with the AV set at any level. That just raises the volume to compensate for increased speed/wind noise. You should be able to test it partially anyway. Turn the IC volume up high...18-20. You should be able to blow into the mic and hear the noise in your own headset. Try this with the front headset and also with the rear. Try with both helmets in both positions. That should help determine if it's the entire system, one of the helmets or one of the locations. Do NOT push the "push to talk" buttons while test the IC. The mics are always hot for the IC and the CB/Radio volume control has nothing to do with the IC.