IGNORED

84 VR Luggage rack grommets

tufftom4

What I used to replace mine were the thick black faucet washers. If you are just looking for the hard rubber pad that goes between the rack and the surface of the trunk let me know what size the tubing your rack is and I'll set you up with a set.

I bought an assortment box. You wouldn't belive how many places these thing actually work on a Yamaha. LOL!

I'll post some pics when I get home from work this afternoon so you can see how it looks.

Shoot me a PM with your mail addy if you're interested.

Edited by Snaggletooth

The West Marine stores also carry rubber flat washers. When I first bought the '91 the P.O. installed star conchos under each one of the rack posts and the first time it rained the truck got really damp. So I took black marine caulk and removed one screw at a time and squirted caulk into each hole filling the underside of each concho. No more leaks...

Sorry......had to run out of town unexpectedly.

But anyway, they are called bib washers used in faucets. They are thick and and pretty firm and are almost the same as stock mounting washers. I used a couple of different sizes because I had to reengineer the holes a bit as they were a little off from the old rack holes. They seal up well and covered the difference in size.

Only had to drill out the center hole to 1/4 inch for the bolt.

I made some support plates for the inside of the tank lid also to help spread the weight around. I had a travel bag that was too big for the old rack so I'm fixed to go now.

So a couple of pics. If you didn't find anything let me know the tubing size and I'll mail a set off to you.

And Bongo.........I found a rack so I'll quit bugging ya. LOL!