IGNORED

Time for stator change????

Well it looks like I need a larger stator.....

I only have the yamaha passing lamps and a set of Motolights and the bike cant handle it... Drains the battery....

if I turn off the 55 watt Moto lights I could save the 8.3 amps... but I bought them to be seen.......

I was going to pull the plug on the carb heaters, but this is wisconsin......I ride until it snows...never too cold

with the buckeye stator I hope to have more than enough power

I installed a pair of Startoliner driving lights with Piaa bulbs, a extra rear brake light, Sat. radio and a GPS. My stock stator could not recharge my battery so I up graded to the Buckeye upgrade. A local shop did the work for about $125.00 plus I brought the stator. No more problems, so if you plan on adding other stuff like me, go for the stator upgrade.

Cb

Well it looks like I need a larger stator.....

I only have the yamaha passing lamps and a set of Motolights and the bike cant handle it... Drains the battery....

if I turn off the 55 watt Moto lights I could save the 8.3 amps... but I bought them to be seen.......

I was going to pull the plug on the carb heaters, but this is wisconsin......I ride until it snows...never too cold

with the buckeye stator I hope to have more than enough power

I've had the passing lamps on since my 05 was 6 months old. For the past three years I have run heated grips and heated vest in the winters. Still on my original battery and have never had any problems.

before ordering; check out : DENNIS KIRK.com . they have the stattor for 132.++.. :080402gudl_prv: also check with JC WHITTNEY (same price) we put 1 of them in to my 83 while at cody this year and i am very impressed with it it seems better than the original one to me..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the stators are different for a 1st gen. The RSV and TD take a different part.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the stators are different for a 1st gen. The RSV and TD take a different part.

I think the point that Gary was trying to make, is that they may carry an alternative stator, for use with the newer bikes. I had installed the "Rick's motorsport Electrics" stator in his & Marvin's scoots, while in Cody. Re-wound stators from "Buckeye", were not available in the required timeframe.

I just looked at the 2nd gen listing at the Rick's Motorsport site & they are rebuilt, like what Buckeye does.

But stay away from the "Electrosport", there has been issues with this make before.

:2cents:

Just made a purchase from Buckeye Performance on there 2nd gen. stator and they are not rewound or rebuilt there new. The 1st gen. are rebuilt and you need to send in your old one but the 2nd gen. are new and no core is needed.

My understanding was that, they are done up to his specs, so I thought they were rebuilt too. So from what you are saying, Buckeye has new 2nd gen stators made.

Where Rick's rebuilds them & it is the opposite for the 1st gen stators. So far it seems, they are both good products, from what I know on the 1st gen side of things.