IGNORED

Venture Riders In My Area

Formerfuzz

Picked up a 1999 RSV about a month ago and have been slowly learning about it. I am considering either the Stage 1 Exhaust Mod or the Bub Sleepers and was wondering if anyone in the Dallas area has either that I could hear first hand. Also, it would be nice to meet other RSV owners in the area.

Hey Former,

My brother lives in Celina (spelling) and rides with a STAR chapter. They do alot of riding and have a great time. Many in his group ride ventures. I'm not sure if any of them are members on this site, but shoot him an email and he'll be glad to let you know of any future rides. Maybe then you can get those guys to jump on here as well.

Ken

aka slick97spirit

We have a number of Star members here and I know that there are some great members in that organization. I will never join due to an issue I had long ago with Alan Cease. I never joined after my free one year membership was up. He will never get a dime of my money.

There are a couple of things in their "guidelines" that really irk me.

3. Links to other competing organizations, or non G rated sites. Vendor links should be put on the LINKS page.

If we implemented this policy then anybody who posts such links to the Star information would be banned from VentureRider. I don't mind the posts but hate that it is so one sided when they don't allow the same. This is somewhat the reason that Alan and I got cross ways with each other years ago.

9. Personal grievances between members, STAR Touring and Riding Association, Star Motorcycles, Yamaha, dealers, vendors, or other organizations.

Don't know if they still enforce it but there was a time when you were absolutely NOT allowed to say anything bad about Yamaha. I know of more than one person who was booted from Star for voicing some problems that they were having with their bikes and Yamaha would not take care of the issues.

Not trying to convince anybody here to NOT join Star. They have some great members and it would be one of the finest clubs around, in my opinion, if it weren't for Alan Cease and maybe some of his senior officers.

Sorry, but needed to let you all know how I feel about it.