IGNORED

tires/steering head bearing

gershum

I put a new set of tires on my 02 midnight 5000 k ago rear is now down to the wear bars, we are doubled up 90% of the time, I know the steering head bearings need to be changed. Could this have caused the quick wear?

What brand of tires did you put on and are you sure you need new bearings? Have you tried to adjust them first?

i just follow the manual recommended pressures and maintenance procedures......have over 12,000 on original 404's

i'm at a loss too as to the great range of reported mileage.....if i only got 5,000, i'd have to quit riding........

Guest Boomerbiker

I run the Avon's and changed the front tire this weekend at 24,000 miles. Still had tread, but the wear bar was showing. The rear went 14,000 miles. I ride solo and weigh 160 pounds.

I put a new set of tires on my 02 midnight 5000 k ago rear is now down to the wear bars, we are doubled up 90% of the time, I know the steering head bearings need to be changed. Could this have caused the quick wear?

have you considered coming over to the darkside?

I get about 5000 miles out of rear tires...or less depending on the brand. I still want to know how people get 10,000 plus.

I ride 2-up most of the time. I am still running the stock tires that came on the bike and I have over 18,000 kilometers (over 11,000 miles) and there's still life left on them. I run them at 2lbs over factory recommended pressure (43-44psi).