IGNORED

Havent heard this one before..........

DragonRider

On the way home from work the other day, I started hearing an unusual sound coming from somewhere behind the side cover, it sounded like a vacuum hose leak, but I couldnt find it, I forgot about it till today, I took the bike to work and heard it again, but this time I noticed that the power was down and it didnt kick in till about 3500 RPM, then it ran like usual. So when I got home today I started taking plastic off, I am pretty good at this now......,first the side covers, started engine, couldnt find it, then pulled tank cover, air breather box all the way down to the carbs, still couldnt find it. So I found me a piece of hose and put it to my ear and started searching............BINGO!! found it real quick, I was very lucky, it was the choke mechanism, it was hanging by the clip that engages the carbs all three screws had vibrated out..............I couldnt believe it didnt fall off, and the gasket was still there too, because it came off very easily in my hand. Now, next trick find some screws that fit, cause I couldnt find the ones that came out, just happened to have some allen head screws that fit, but it was very tight getting them in there, took me about an hour to tighten the screws about 1/8 turn at a time........Oh, did I mention the engine was still HOT!!!

By the way, this is on my 1st Gen.

All is well now, she runs better that before, hope nothing else crops up, I want to ride it, not keep working on it.............