IGNORED

DC Outlets

Whitlow

DC outlet...I think there is only one one like you said on the inner faring. The elecrical drawings shows 2 so called DC outlets. I think some bikes have another one that is supposed to be another DC wires or a connector plug or something somewhere around the left saddle bag/rear fender/driver seat area. I have never seen it on my 07 RSV and let me tell you I have had it apart installing LEDs. I have heard it supplies power for the optional CD player. I do not have a CD player so I cannot tell you.

I have never seen it on my bike... I have installed a one of those DC outlets inside my front fairing to run my XM.

Maybe the older bikes have one but my 07 does not that I can find.

look on page 3-32 of the owners manual... you will find it there

Yep I remember seeing that now...mighty pnewny aux DC power...definitely would not carry much load. I was looking for some thing to do some good. But 5 amps is not very much anyway. I set a new 6 circuit fuse block under the seat and run all my extra stuff off it.

:thumbsup:

Yep I remember seeing that now...mighty pnewny aux DC power...definitely would not carry much load. I was looking for some thing to do some good. But 5 amps is not very much anyway. I set a new 6 circuit fuse block under the seat and run all my extra stuff off it.

:thumbsup:

it's mainly for heated clothing I think

it's mainly for heated clothing I think

Really? :think:

I never had much dealing with heated clothing but I would think it could pull some serious wattage. I guess I just assumed that from some of the post talking about upgrading the stators and seems that was mostly when they start using heated clothes.

I had a set a battery socks one time...does that count? Not sure of the wattage but they would smoke a set a D cell batteries pretty quick. :confused24:

Good to know if I ever had the need for any.