IGNORED

Need a Shorter Windshield

Has anyone a Shorter windshield available for the Midnight Venture...I bought last week my Midnight Venture .. but this morning on my way to my work, I noticed how tall this windshield when driving in the Fog .

you can contact me at color01usa@hotmail.com

Guest CONFEDERATE RIDER

Yamaha offers a 9'' shield called the Low Boy Sport. I have this and am very pleased with it. This is the best site I found for pricing on Yamaha accessories. www.rickroushaccessories.com

The short shield is like having no shield at all but I enjoy it for summer time riding and swap it out in the colder months or for a long ride.

Hope this helps. Ride Safe and God Bless!!!!!

Guest KitCarson

Hi Color:

I love my 2007 Venture, yea it makes this whine noise I see posted on the forums, however I like my bikes a little noisy, gives them personality, I have had a lot of bikes, an none can come close to this one, not at all.

As you live in Virginia, your best bet for a solution to your windshield is to one cut it down to about one inch below eye level, not hard to do, in fact you can do it on the bike, lay some old sheets on it and tuck the edges in around all the cracks in the fairing , figure out where you want the top height to be, trace the existing top edge on poster paper, cover the top part of the shield with masking tape, trace your new pattern top edge on the tape, cut it off with a jigsaw and slow speed and wood blade. Take a file and file it smooth, put sandpaper on a rubber sanding block and smooth the edge.......use wet dry 400 grit to polish the final edge.

Most of the after market windshields are too short for cold weather in VA. If you are 5 foot 11 or taller the 19.5 inch shield from Clearview is the best on the market. It is also thicker than the original shield.......I opted to purchase one from them........for two reasons, I like the gray tint they have, and they have a good product at a fair price........yamaha does offer a shorter shield, depending on the dealer it is anywhere from 170 dollars to 468 dollars.......the basic clearview one is like 135 dollars.

Hey does anyone know the reason yamaha would produce a motor bike with such a tall shield? I have put a lot of thought into this one. A windshield above eye level is great on a cold day, you can enjoy a sunny winter day lounging behind that shield........thing is tall shields are life threatening, and dangerous, and downright stupid. I know most of us, myself included do not like to ride in the rain, pull over and wait for it to stop, or if on a long jaunt, just cancel the day and pull into a motel. A lot of things about rain do not agree with motorcycles. I used to ride in it.....900 miles non-stop once.......but rain on a shield really hampers your vision, and while you are trying to look to one side, wipe the spray off the back of the shield , and hit the brakes to stop for the car in front of you who just stops in the middle of the road to be nice and wave someone across in front of you, your riding career can come to an early end all because of a tall windshield. So it is beyond me , why yamaha would even produce a windshield like the one that comes stock. I am six foot, and mine is at least 4 inches above eye level. I figure even sleeping at night hanging upside down with a lead weight on my ears, I could not train my neck to stretch that far to peek over it.

This venture bike is a great machine, in my opinion the best one made, but this safety issue with the wind shield , I am still wondering why it was produced so tall, as it is a very big safety issue. Kit

It is tall enough to block the wind for both the driver and passenger, I suppose.

I have the shorter windshield and see over it. Have no desire to look thru the windshield. Have enough trouble seeing while riding into the sun without the distortion caused by the windshield.

RR

This venture bike is a great machine, in my opinion the best one made, but this safety issue with the wind shield , I am still wondering why it was produced so tall, as it is a very big safety issue. Kit

Like RedRider said, to lessen wind buffeting.

Don't think it's THAT much of an issue anyway. You want it shorter you can cut it down or get a shorter aftermarket. It's not like it's something that can't be changed, or is a pain to change, if you want. Wonder if you could have gotten them to swap it out before you took delivery.......something to think about in the future, I guess.

That being said, Clearview makes one that even taller than the stock shield. That one you can Rain-X or use Plexus on and have the water bead up so it's not so bad.