IGNORED

Insurance Woes

Yammer Dan

On 27 May I had a drunk cross lanes and hit me head-on. Deputy let him walk and the first thing he done after I was in ambulance was claim I crossed over and hit him. Most of you already know all about this just wanted to make it clear. I have fought since then to get blame where it belongs. Insurance told me today that they are going to visit scene 15th of Oct. They did take pics of the accident and I am confident that unless reconstructionst is a complete Idiot they will put the blame on the other guy where it belongs. I just can't believe it takes this long. What do they gain by dragging it out this long? they have to know what they are putting me thru. Just needed to vent. I have pics of the accident if I could figure out how to scan them and post them. I know there are a few that were interested in them.

No accident but another close one. I am in the left lane passing vehicles, minding my own business. Some turkey in a bright red, low slung, high end vehicle comes up behind, whips in the right lane and accelerates to jump in front - you know, gets sort of close.

Now most of the time I am a fairly nice guy. But this time - well, I lifted up my right leg, cocked the knee, and gave a purposeful glance to the guy. I had "dent that door" in mind. It did not come to that. He sort of backed off.

Probably not a good idea to do that - would it have caused me to lose control of the bike if I nailed him a good one in the sweet spot of the door panel?

Unless they have a big insurance policy Lawyers want nothing to do with it. I've been told this a bunch of times. Then you got the ones that say Call me anytime. Never answer the phone. I'm not sure yet what kind of insurance this guy had. They aren't offering information. The 1st guy had enough to keep him on the road. I got 20k put on a hospital bill that was over 100k. They snuck out without paying for my bike or property. Told insurance Comissinor (spell) that they made a offer and I refused. I did refuse 700 dollars for my bike but never refused offer they say I did. They claim they offered 4k for the "Blue Beast" They did not do it and had nothing to prove it but it seemed to be accepted even when I asked to be shown the offer and how I had refused it. Insurance Commissioner is just another insurance person. These companies stick togather to stick us.

I can't get started on Insurance companies again. I will loose sleep tic people off that I don't intend to and gain another 20 lbs eating junk all night because i can't sleep. No-Win if there ever was but I'm not giving up. If I keep track of all this stuff maybe when I break one of their noses someday I can get away with it!!!

In another thread I've talked about our government insurance. One of the ideas behind it was to eliminate the insurance "hassles" that folks were up against when involved in an accident with private insurance. Also, it was to provide us with "no fault" coverage, meaning that you didn't have to wait to process a claim when fault hadn't been determined. Yeahsureright... the rule around here is, if you have a serious accident that involves personal injury or major loss, GET A LAWYER otherwise our "government run" insurance company will rape you big time! And, I've seen this in action first hand ... they really don't give a damn about the person's they insure.

Lawyers even specialize in dealing with these cases and will, in most cases, do the work without any retainers and take their fees from the settlement. Most cases the settlements are much higher than what a person would have gotten without getting a lawyer.

Additionally, property settlements are not handled by the lawyer but they will advise you on how to get as much as you can. When the ins co makes an offer to settle on your vehicle, you can dispute it and as long as you can provide various kinds of evidence, you can usually get a lot more than they're initially offering. They work like a car dealer and LOW BALL you.

Edited by SilvrT

I know all about the "Lawyers" from first time around in this. They either just told me "With the insurance he has it is not a good thing for us" Which I appreciated. Most just wouldn't return calls. They won't tell me what kind of Insurance this Idiot has so I can't do anything but wait. Got to be a form that you can use to file these things yourself but they won't give that up either.

I know all about the "Lawyers" from first time around in this. They either just told me "With the insurance he has it is not a good thing for us" Which I appreciated. Most just wouldn't return calls. They won't tell me what kind of Insurance this Idiot has so I can't do anything but wait. Got to be a form that you can use to file these things yourself but they won't give that up either.

That sucks ... I guess this is one of those situations where "my" government insurance is a "good thing" ... even without getting a lawyer.