IGNORED

Yet another question about MotorCote

Hummingbird

I read that MotorCote does not mix with the oil thus making it a separate entity within the crankcase.

My question : does it intermingle, float on top or heavier and go to the bottom ?

The reason for the question is I changed oil and as an after thought I added 10 oz. of Motorcote. I noticed that there seemed to be MUCH more noise ( whine) at cruising (55mph or so ) and also somebody posted that an over fill caused excessive whine.

So this AM I drained enough fluid out of the bike to bring the level to the top line in the glass.

Now I wonder what I drained out and does it make any difference.

ooops - 2 questions, sorry !

I read that MotorCote does not mix with the oil thus making it a separate entity within the crankcase.

My question : does it intermingle, float on top or heavier and go to the bottom ?

The reason for the question is I changed oil and as an after thought I added 10 oz. of Motorcote. I noticed that there seemed to be MUCH more noise ( whine) at cruising (55mph or so ) and also somebody posted that an over fill caused excessive whine.

So this AM I drained enough fluid out of the bike to bring the level to the top line in the glass.

Now I wonder what I drained out and does it make any difference.

ooops - 2 questions, sorry !

I can't answer your question, maybe the folks at MotorKote can. Why don't you ask them, they are pretty responsive. https://www.motorkote.com/ContactUs.aspx

Even have a toll free number: 1.888.771.5656

If you find the answer, please post it here so we all know.

Hmm! Really intrested in what you find out. I did the oil change adding rotella 5w40 and ran it for a week or so with some improvement. Level was at half glass or better. I then added 7oz of motorkote and the noise increased. At this point sight glass was full. I decided to drain some of the oil but was puzzeled. Would I be draining oil or motorkoe or both? So carefully and with clean oil pan I drained it all (did not drain filter however). If the kote and the oil doesen't

mix you couldn't prove it by me. ( Note: engine was very warm and draining oil was very thin.) Could not see anything that didn't just look like oil.

I then put that same oil back into bike, filling it to half sight glass. I have traveled about 200 mile with it and the noise level is lower than ever before. Maybe that draining to half sight glass helped. ( believe it is the best place to be) Maybe that more miles have helped. May well be that both helped. Still have some chrip and some whine but much improved. Heared my pipes throughout the last ride. Quite an accomplishment for someone who at first never heard his pipes.

Will still be intrested in the motorkote answer. (Does it mix with oil?) THANKS