IGNORED

New bike fever

Art708

So... I got to Jonesing for a new bike. I was looking hard at the new Triumph Rocket III Touring. Test rode it for about 30 miles yesterday. I loved the power, the way it handled, and sooooo smooth. However, there's a LOT of hot air coming off the radiator and headers. In winter it would be great...summer would be a killer.

Then I rode the Triumph Thunderbird....new 1600cc parallel twin. It was Surprisingly strong...would give the Rocket Tourer (not the classic) a good run. But it felt too small and light for Interstate riding. Plus it got real buzzy at highway speeds even with the 6th gear.

So...this morning I went and rode a new 1700 Kaw Nomad. I have owned a 2000 Nad and loved it. The one I rode today ran pretty well, rode and handled nicely, but had an awful gear whine, which was a deal breaker for me. My RSTD whines but not like that.

Anyway, I brought the RSTD home and will probably put 2 new tires on it and ride it a while longer until something else like a really nice Valk Interstate comes along.

They claim the engine makes a lot of noise also. There was a review comparing it to a ultra. I sat on the Nomad and couldn't flatfoot it and I'm 5' 9".

Overall height is not a reliable "guide" .... what's your inseam size is. You could be one of those guys with short, stubby little legs and an extra long torso with long arms .... kinda like a chimpanzee yanno....:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I fully expect to get New Bike Fever..............

IF YAMAHA UPGRADES THE ROYAL STAR VENTURE!!!

Boomer..........who knows he may be waiting a long time for the fever to kick in.....because he knows those that eat fish heads,eels, whale blubber,shark testicles,and other weird crap don't care about what us American bikers want.:bawling:

I might just go ahead and get the R3T....love that power.

My buddy had one had lots of power more then another friends Goldwing in a face to face contest, but he had alot of problems with the bike in the shop more then he rode it. Finally crashed at the Dragon trying to drive it like his old BMW K1200lt he learned the hardway he couldnt lean it over as much as the BMW. He was happy it was totalled. Sounded cool though like a jet and the motor looked cool to. It was a big mans bike. But it turned out for him to be a piece of garbage.