IGNORED

Voyager bolt question

Maritimer

I just got a used voyager kit. It has everything with it I guess. The have a couple of question:

1 - Where the belly plate connects to the floor board. I have been trying to remove the bolt but it just won't let go. How should I go about removing this stubborn bolt?

2 - That same bolt at the floor board will require to be longer I assume (not included with the used kit). What should the replacement bolt be? Since I can't take off I can't verify the size. I would assume it is metric. Anyone has a size for that?

Thanks

Edited by Maritimer

I just got a used voyager kit. It has everything with it I guess. The have a couple of question:

1 - Where the belly plate connects to the floor board. I have been trying to remove the bolt but it just won't let go. How should I go about removing this stubborn bolt?

2 - That same bolt at the floor board will require to be longer I assume (not included with the used kit). What should the replacement bolt be? Since I can't take off I can't verify the size. I would assume it is metric. Anyone has a size for that?

Thanks

Okay, reading from the instruction booklet:

Remove the rear "Allen" head bolts from the floor board mounting brackets

Locate the two 2"x13/4"x1" angle brackets. Insert the 3/8"-24x11/4" bolts with the flat washer into the lower hole.

Now using the two 10mm bolts and lock washers provided with thjis kit, attach the angle bracket to the outside of the floor board mounting bracket on each side of the motorcycle.

Using the two 2"x2"x1" angle brackets and the four 3/8"-24x11/4" bolts, flat washers, lock washers and 3/8"-24 nuts.

Insert the 3/8"-24x11/4" bolts with flat washers into the lower hole.

Attach the angle brackets to the outside of the centre stand brackets with both of the bottom sections pointing towards the right side of the motorcycle using two 3/8"-24x11/4" bolts, two flat washers, two lock washers, and tweo 3/8"x24 nuts supplied with kit.

Attach the lower section of the belly bracket to the bottom of the angle brackets using the four 3/8"-24 nuts with four lock washers.

Tighten all belly bracket bolts to 25 ft. lbs.

:think: hope this helps :happy34:

I can probably help, just not sure what bolt you are talking about. A few pics would most likely clear things up. Also, the kit you bought, was it specifically for your bike model, the voyager kits are not one size fits all. A little more info and a few pics and I'm sure we can get you on track.

BTW, I have installed a couple dozen of these voyager kits.