IGNORED

has anyone been keeping track

hipshot

or rather , has anyone been keeping a running tally,on the number of downed/injured riders , that we have accumulated this past year?

seems to me , that we have had an inordinate amount of "hit by a left turning cager",stories since the server crash.

just jt

I think it's not only this board but nationwide. Seems like every time I open up the paper I read about another rider being killed. We never hear about the accidents as they just aren't sensational enough. I lost count on those just in the Sacramento area. Scary times!!..........

It would be interesting to see the ratio of registered bikes to accidents/deaths by rider experience level over the last year compared to a few years ago.... :whistling::whistling:

I'm thinking there are a lot of novice riders that have purchased bikes and never once considered training beyond what it takes to get a license. As much as I'd like to think we are all perfect riders -- I'm not that easy....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Too many riders allow themselves to get into positions they can't recover from. That includes the cage that turns in front of them. We can enjoy our rides and still be careful -- yes???? :smile5::smile5::smile5:

Too many riders allow themselves to get into positions they can't recover from. That includes the cage that turns in front of them. We can enjoy our rides and still be careful -- yes???? :smile5::smile5::smile5:

Yes - we can still enjoy and be as careful as possible - BUT - there are times when accidents are unavoidable regardless of experience. I was hit last year by a "left-turner" - did not have a chance on earth to get out of the way - the person stopped and just as I got 3 feet away, she gunned it to make her turn in front of me. Soooo - I say, let's have fun, be as careful as possible but I will not let idiots determine when/how/why I ride!!

Cheers

Eugene

I have not been keeping count.
One
is too many.

I would like to give a shout out to the folks in northeastern Kentucky. Ron and I went on a big ride yesterday heading beyond Maysville. We noticed that the people there were very observant about our motorcycle and gave us the respect & courtesy that all motorcyclists deserve.

Thanks Kentucky!

Peggy

Greetings to all from switzerland. I don,t know how maney but I gotta say after watching the way they ride over here even more so in Italy and the risks they take and get away with it just blows my mind that we even get hit at all. we ride 100 times more careful than they do here. p.s. saw three swiss cops with siren,s going booting it down the road on vespa scooters. tried for pics but they were just too fast,:rotf::rotf:

Yes - we can still enjoy and be as careful as possible - BUT - there are times when accidents are unavoidable regardless of experience. I was hit last year by a "left-turner" - did not have a chance on earth to get out of the way - the person stopped and just as I got 3 feet away, she gunned it to make her turn in front of me. Soooo - I say, let's have fun, be as careful as possible but I will not let idiots determine when/how/why I ride!!

Cheers

Eugene

HERE - HERE !!! I agree 100%. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

I ride to enjoy myself. I have had a few close calls and even a couple too close calls but every time I wasn't paying attention and hung it out too far...:crying::crying: I agree there will aways be "accidents". My point was simply that there are a lot of novice riders these days and the number of accidents and deaths are most likely reflecting that increase in inexperience on two wheels...