IGNORED

short notice for a mini mx day

gunboat

hi all

just talked to kelly (wilsontamu83 ) about a short notice mx day at his place this coming saturday sept,19 about 9:00 am. we will be doing a carb synch and drive shaft lube on his bike maybe more. anyone else need some mx come on out. kelly will chime in here shortley with some details.

best reguards

don c. :cool10:

Folks

Thanks Don for pushing this out

My address is

20642 Laurel Lock Dr

Katy, TX 77450

Ill be ready to get going about 9 or 10 so come on by any time and we will go till afternoon. Don says he can get through this in around 3 hours.

I'll plan on putting some fajita fixins on the grill around lunchtime. I have water and Gatorade if you want anything else just bring it.

Please let me know if you plan on heading this way, so I can be sure no one goes hungry.

Either post or pm.

Kelly

Depending on weather, I might be there. I've been planning to ride to Denver for the weekend, but it looks like there is a storm risk. If I don't go there, I'd like to come to the MX day.

I don't know how big a deal it is, but I am nearing 26K on my bike, and thus the valve clearance check / adjustment. I don't know what that is, but it sounds like something I shouldn't tackle myself.

I'll let you know around midweek.

Dave

hi dave

if you ride to denver be carefull, if you decide to stay here. it will be good to see you again. the valve shim check is i would say is a full days job. i think it would get easyer the more you do it. i think we need a full day's mx course with the Doctors squidley, ponch, goose & buddy rich in attendance. these guys are the tops. i belive you can go beyond the 26,000 miles and not worry about it. my bike had 21,000 on it and didn't check the valves until over 65,000.

don c.

Edited by gunboat

Kreg

If possible I need to borrow a jack, I can come by and get it in the truck Wed or Thursday after work, and return if Sat that works.

Gunboat is going to bring his carbon one but it doesn't fit I have wood blocks, he is going to bring his carbtune also.

Look forward to you guys coming. Beki will not be here, but I am sure Maggi will be hanging around.

Kelly

Kelly,

Come and get it...I get home around 1630hrs every day, so I`ll be here.

Kreg

Kreg

If possible I need to borrow a jack, I can come by and get it in the truck Wed or Thursday after work, and return if Sat that works.

Gunboat is going to bring his carbon one but it doesn't fit I have wood blocks, he is going to bring his carbtune also.

Look forward to you guys coming. Beki will not be here, but I am sure Maggi will be hanging around.

Kelly

well, i have been puttin off respondin as i still don't know if i can make it. work is just short of calling us in for the weekend. so i am still on the fence. can i sit on standby?

If i can come, i may trailer the RSV as i may bring my ATV jack & an ebay imitation carbon one lift adapter. can't fit that stuff in the saddle bags. hand tools seem to be taken care of.

i will be in touch.

dale in La

hi dale

hope you can make it but we understand. there is still the september 26 ride to avery island and then ride to centeral miss in october. hopefully we met you some where. you have a place to stay here in houston, the porch light is always on.

don c. :hurts:

hi folks

well the mini-mx is over with. i had a great day, some good home cooking. even got some mx done with kabay's & kelly's assiatance. now someone left blood all over kell's bike but i'am not going to say who. meet two of kelly's friends who ride also, one is talking about going on the "BEND" ride in november. kelly and him are talking about camping out. (lowell you may have some company) kelly's other friend is thinking about the ride. no pictures this time, the houston bunch camera guy forgot the you know what. but he would have got blood all over the camera anyway. ready to do some more carb tune's and driveshaft lube's. when ponch gets back from his and littlbit's vacation, will be doing kelly's carb float level check. more to follow.

best reguards

don c. :thumbsup:

I knew i would miss a good time. it didn't work out today and i have to work tomorrow. well, Lady Massey is very happy with today.

no blood was shed, but i got a lot of stuff done. I found that too much seafoam in the lawnmower gas tank makes it run sluggish. go sparringly despite direction.

thanks gunboat on the invite. when i re schedule RLAP Houston, i may give a call. we can call Dave77459 and all meet somewhere for some dinner. He and i were supposed to take the class, but got rained out. i am looking at a time in the next few weeks. trying to coordinate with Dave77459 for the same time.

hi dale

there is always another day to play. family got to take care of family first.

hope to see you next weekend september 26, at the ride to avery island. i will be bering my two mini air pumps to show you, one is the progessive type like you posted about ( it's more for the rear shock and toping off the tire pressures.) the other one looks like a large syringe but it's only for adjusting the front fork air pessure.

best reguards

don c.

good deal. i had brought mine into the shop & set it on the bike shelf meaning to play a bit before quitting time. never happened. got on the lathe and turned wood till dinner was ready. i will pack mine when time comes. timing will be close for this weekend as well. we are doing a major conversion at work, so all hands are on deck. 1/2 the crew worked today & the other 1/2 tomorrow.

anyway i am headin for bed & read a bit of Rider magazine before Z land. later.

Had a great time!! And the best thing is that Kelly`s bike still runs!! and not to many extra parts either! Busted a few knuckles, ok 4 all at the same time, but Kelly and I have a plan for the busted knuckle thing, next time I will just smack all my knuckles real good with a hammer and grind them up and down on some bricks before hand just to get that part out of the way!! LOL Yes and the camera was setting right where I left it.. All in all we had a great time, met some new freinds and had some great food!! Look forward to the next MX day, maybe get a few more new faces at the next one..

hi folks

well the mini-mx is over with. i had a great day, some good home cooking. even got some mx done with kabay's & kelly's assiatance. now someone left blood all over kell's bike but i'am not going to say who. meet two of kelly's friends who ride also, one is talking about going on the "BEND" ride in november. kelly and him are talking about camping out. (lowell you may have some company) kelly's other friend is thinking about the ride. no pictures this time, the houston bunch camera guy forgot the you know what. but he would have got blood all over the camera anyway. ready to do some more carb tune's and driveshaft lube's. when ponch gets back from his and littlbit's vacation, will be doing kelly's carb float level check. more to follow.

best reguards

don c. :thumbsup: