IGNORED

iPhone video on my bike, chirping or whine?

FutureVentures

First a warning, this video is 9:42 seconds long and not terribly exciting. It's simply me testing the video capabilities of my iPhone mounted to the bike with a Ram mount.

Still, it's kinda neat. Makes you feel like you're riding.

The wavy-ness of the video I've since confirmed, is due to shooting through the windscreen.

Take a look/listen and if the stereo isn't too loud, is that other sound the ibasket whine or, just a chirp?

This is the longer version, I think...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-maLTaqWEs]YouTube - Venturing home[/ame]

If this one works, it should be shorter.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgcF4JdRZp8]YouTube - Last part of my ride home[/ame]

I'm going on my annual round the lake (lake michigan) ride starting this saturday and will video some of that, to be posted along the way hopefully.

First off...Very good video! At first I was listening more to the music, something I don't have on my RSTD. The sound from the bike is what I would call the "whine". On the short version it sounds like you may have scraped the floor boards on the turn. I am saving up for the GoPro Wide camera, hope to get it for Christmas. Once again...I liked the video.

:happy34:

First off...Very good video! On the short version it sounds like you may have scraped the floor boards on the turn. ...

:happy34:

Thanks!

Oh yeah, that's the floorboard scraping. :big-grin-emoticon:

And don't worry Freezyrider, I rev her plenty! Just, not much on this particular video.

I'll shoot some more video soon, it's fun.

I was really amazed how good the stereo sounded but then again, the iPhone is mounted fairly close.

This gives me an idea.... maybe everyone who has the appropriate technology should make a vid or do a sound recording at least (without the tunes playin) so that we can all hear what everybody else's "whine" sounds like.

The one on your bike doesn't seem all that bad at all.

Hey Bud,

What Ram mount and Iphone case are you using...I like the idea of running my video through my phone instead of the camera.

Artie

:cop:

http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045049052057090045065080051085/Default.aspx

Just in case that link doesn't work: Product Number: RAM-B-149Z-AP3U

The iPhone 3gs video is fairly decent and the ability to trim, then upload is great.

FYI, discovered a lil trick for trimming video without deleting the trimmed portion.

If your video is too large to upload to youtube, you'll get a warning and then you can select which smaller piece to upload. The rest of the vid, remains intact.

• 9 months later...