IGNORED

Surprise meeting.....

FreezyRider

A few days ago I emailed back and forth with one of our newer members, ProudDad (Barry) from White Pigeon Michigan. Since we are only about a half-days ride from White Pigeon, I told him that if he was ever in our area to look us up.

Last evening we went to a friend's house about 8 miles from home for a bonfire. One of those "Just sit around and chat" evenings. Not sure what time it was but my phone rang....didn't recognize the incoming number....and it was ProudDad calling from the convenience store 2 blocks from my house! They had the day off and just started riding, ended up down here. So I gave him directions to our bonfire and they rode on out and joined us.

What GREAT folks! Barry and his sweetie Julie were just the most "real" down to earth people you could expect to meet. Just got their bike a few weeks ago and still getting to know it and enjoying riding together after raising the family (kinda like a lot of us here). We sat around the bonfire for awhile talking, then went in the house and played some cards. OH...I should say that the friends whose house we invaded are riders (Vulcan 2000) but not VR members even though they've been on a couple VR events with me. Long story short, Barry and Julie ended up staying overnight with my friends. No need to pay for a motel when among friends, right? Then this morning we met them for breakfast, came back to the house and did some minor adjustments on the air levels in the shocks and talked over some other maintenance things. Barry and I switched bikes and went for a short ride.....my wife says our bikes are "Fraternal twins"....same colors but different color patterns.

Barry and Julie left at 11:15 headed north. Just talked to him awhile ago and they were 40 miles from home after having ridden in rain most of the way. :(

This has been an enjoyable experience.....those of you in lower Michigan/Northern Indiana, I have some advice for you. Look up Barry and Julie, introduce yourselves and get to know them. They'll enrich your lives!

I've attached some pix so you can recognize them when you see them.

OK!!!! That's enough!!!! I've had my fill of all the "really good folks" on this site. :buttkick: From now on I'm gonna be Mr. Bad A$$. No more "Goody Two Shoes" for me.:soapbox:

Been nice knowing ya, ted!

i'm sure that when you get kicked out of here, you'll find a "bad a$$" group to hang out with.

probably have to invest in a whole new BLACK and ORANGE wardrobe, though!

lol

just jt

I don't know about Ted, he left the M&E on Saturday, didn't even say good bye, just saw him riding off into the sunset. :crying:

Me thinks, he is becoming a Bad$$s.

I'm sorry. Thought I said my good byes to everyone. What sunset? I rode torrential rains all the way home.

By the way my GPS started working again 50 miles south. What's up with that?

This has been an enjoyable experience.....those of you in lower Michigan/Northern Indiana, I have some advice for you. Look up Barry and Julie, introduce yourselves and get to know them. They'll enrich your lives!

I've attached some pix so you can recognize them when you see them.

We just met Barry and Julie tonight. They called from our local Crackerbarrel, we met them for coffee and conversation. Very nice people and a real nice time. Always glad to meet local Ventureriders.

No, and I told him to watch you when you're around.........:rotf::rasberry:

I've taken pictures now so when you are out early and "clean my windshield" I'll know if you tried to sneak anything off my bike......:stickpoke:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Dang, now I'm gonna have to come up with another strategy.

Hey, maybe there will be people at our Southern Indiana ride who don't know me.....I'll have to wash their windshields!!!

:hurts: