IGNORED

insurance ripoff

saddlebum

I am currently with Riders Plus....paying $724.00/yr liability only (expires May 2010)....clean record....no claims. Over the past years have gone from Kingsway to Jevco and now Riders Plus....saving significant amount each time. I am hearing from some friends that State Farm is offering some good deals but they want your home and auto policy too. I just got my auto policy and flipped out.....working on that one now.

A friend of mine works for state farm so I thought maybe he could cut me a deal but as it turns out as you said they want all your policy's before they will give you motorcycle insurance. Evan at that they wanted $1400.00/yr so 1 went to riders plus and they charged me $654.00/yr.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, ya'll got some atrocious insurance premiums.

I think Progressive must have Mississippi listed as one of your Provinces...

Got my bill from Geico today, went up $90 to $459yr. So checked out Progressive,,,,, $1509 for the same coverage. What's up with that?? Guess I'll keep on going down the list of companies till I find a Reputable and Reasonable company,, Which as all of us here on the Gulf Coast know do not exist,,, ie; Katrina.....

After reading all of this, I'm afraid to make any changes. I have 2 bikes with G**** and have yearly full coverage with a $500 deductible on both and they upped my rate from $762 to $926 this year. I don't have towing with them however since I have that though AMA (AAA does not tow motorcycles under their basic auto membership).

Are all the other insurances going up this year (and why)?

I'm a mature driver with no "incidents" because the close encounters didn't count (thank you, Lord). Guess I'll have to take a MSF course to get the 10% discount.

Any other quotes I tried to get (Progressive doesn't do DC- AARP wanted $1,500 for one bike when I checked with them in 2007) seemed higher and I don't like to worry if my company pays off.

My 2001 Roadstar coverage "WAS" with Progressive for $228 yr. When I bought my 2008 RSV, they quoted me $460 ! I flipped to say the least. Since I am an AARP member, I called, they signed me with Foremost, full coverage w/ $250 deductable for $248 yr. I guess I'm saying, "IF" your AARP qualified, I suggest you call them.

I won't go into all the rants and raves but motorcyclists sure are targets, you might as well put a patch on your back that say's " SCR#@ ME, I'M RICH" (?),,, especially in Canada!

Oh ya, I wonder why we pay the same premiums in Mn as Texas but only get to ride 1/2 the year? (unless like me and try to get my $'s worth and do stupid any day the temp gets above 40 !)

Renne

Wow, ya'll got some atrocious insurance premiums.

I think Progressive must have Mississippi listed as one of your Provinces...

Got my bill from Geico today, went up $90 to $459yr. So checked out Progressive,,,,, $1509 for the same coverage. What's up with that?? Guess I'll keep on going down the list of companies till I find a Reputable and Reasonable company,, Which as all of us here on the Gulf Coast know do not exist,,, ie; Katrina.....

Hey Seebeetom,

After I commented on your comment, I went back and took a good look at my insurance bill and wasn't happy either because with 2 bikes, I went from $611 last year to $926 with no changes in policy, no incidents and my three continued discounts.

I called G**** today and mentined that I was in an internet motorcycle group where a lot of members were complaining about their increase and asked why my insurance had almost doubled in some some coverages in spite of having no problems. I was asked to wait and after a long wait on the phone, they came back and apologized for charging me rates for not having a U.S. license. They dropped my rate back to last year's price, but then I discussed a bit and made some changes to the policy which cut my rate down to a total of $435 a year with 50/150/50 and $500 deductible on comprehensive and collision. This includes both bikes, so I basically just saved $541 a year because of you.

Thanks I owe you! :bighug:

Edited by Tatonka