IGNORED

Last stupid question

Guest scarylarry

Guest scarylarry

My dealer is close today and I can't call them..

After I did a walk around and all they gave me a owners manual and the paper work..

I was excited and ready to hit the road..

Also a Ign. key in a small bag with 2 small set screws and a allen wrench ..This is driving me crazy..

So where does this go?:confused24:

Please don't tell me this what holds the bike together...:rotf:

I received the same with mine back in 07, I believe they are the same as the ones in the load on the CB antennae , not sure why they would give extras, but I have talked with a few owners who also got them and no explanation. I asked the sales guy about them when I picked my bike up, and he was clueless. Figued they wer just extras. possible that Yamaha includes extra screws because they are so small that they could get lost easy before they are installed.

I will also say that more than one person has reported losing their CB antennae, maybe they are just in case you find a set screw missing before the antennae departs the bike, that way you will be able to replace the scew and keep the antennae intact.

Guest scarylarry
Last stupid question?? You quitting?? We all come up with them once in a while. Even ME!! I know that is hard to believe but even I have questions once in a while........:whistling::innocent:

I ain't touching this :no-no-no::whistling:

i put several rsv's together at the dealership over the years, and yes the extra screw was part of a technical service bullitin from momma yamaha... if you look at the screw, it has thread locker, kinda like lock tight added to the threads.. as they had several of the factory allen screws that vibrate loose because the dealer did not add it at the time of install and assembly. it became a factory staple along with the owners manual and never seen by most of the guys in the back room that put the machines together.

yes it is for the cb mast.

in that same package should have been a set of mirror risors to make the mirrors taller, and would also have the red thread locker added to them.

mike.

Guest scarylarry
i put several rsv's together at the dealership over the years, and yes the extra screw was part of a technical service bullitin from momma yamaha... if you look at the screw, it has thread locker, kinda like lock tight added to the threads.. as they had several of the factory allen screws that vibrate loose because the dealer did not add it at the time of install and assembly. it became a factory staple along with the owners manual and never seen by most of the guys in the back room that put the machines together.

yes it is for the cb mast.

in that same package should have been a set of mirror risors to make the mirrors taller, and would also have the red thread locker added to them.

mike.

Make sense thanks..

Problem solve, I'll check the screws and keep my eye on them..

i use to double lock allen set screws on sprockets on drive units at work to make sure they didn't come loose. i use 2 shorter set screws just like the 2 locknuts on the neck bearings, locking first one down and then locking the second one on top of first one. or just use thread loctite to do the job. o'course the drive i worked on was 3/4" or 1" set screws and had 10 to 20 hp motors turning them, lot of torque on start-up.

:Bunny: