I forgot to ask you learned mechanics out there.. I did video and photo my work today on the clutch in case I got lost or had to remind myself of something.. and I noticed my clutch hyd line is stuck under the fairing.

I have the 2in risers on the bike so that means the fairing doesn't sit against those rubber stops anymore. I had noticed the fairing being closer to the LEFT highway light for some ODD reason and I think I figure out WHY..

When I was in PA and the shop fixed the fuel pump issue, the mech accidently broke something on my audio controller and they took the new one off the 2009 show model and replace the busted one on my bike, requiring the removal and re-installation of the fairing. I'm guessing that in the installation of the fairing, the clutch hose got caught under the fairing on top of that rubber bumper causing the fairing to sit crooked a bit.. not much but enough to be noticed.. And the hose is pinched enough that i can't move it by hand, most likely going to require the fairing to be removed again..

This IS going to sound like one of those stupid questions but is there any way that the clutch control hyd hose being pinched causing any of the previous clutch problems, such as the additional wind pressure pushing down hard enough onto the line to cause a slight dis-engagement of the clutch itself?? Weird but then again, so was that fuel pump snag in PA..

I need to remove the fairing this weekend anyway to chase down a loose wire so I'll now have time to sort out that hose.. reroute it properly..

What have others done to properly support the fairing after installing bigger risers?

Thoughts?