IGNORED

Power Boost??

I would just about bet that it's totally useless. Popular Science had an article about a year ago where they tested all the fuel saving devices on the market now and not a single one of them improved the mileage or performance and some actually did the opposite. I don't remember this particular device being tested but I would be that it will do nothing.

Looks like nothing more than a capacitor that expands CCa's of the battery. Will it improve gas milage, and increase power? It might if the battery being used is old and marginal, but with the advent of high CCa AGM's I doubt it would do much good. :mo money:

Thanks all.. at best I thought all it could do is clean up the power from the battery, akin to what an Un-interuptable Power Supply does for your computer..

But as Condor suggested, on a shyte electrical system it may show some improvement.. on a new system? prolly not..

thanks for your input..

Cheers

Thanks all.. at best I thought all it could do is clean up the power from the battery, akin to what an Un-interuptable Power Supply does for your computer..

But as Condor suggested, on a shyte electrical system it may show some improvement.. on a new system? prolly not..

thanks for your input..

Cheers

The power FROM the battery is as clean as clean gets. The power from the rectifier is another story.

Wow the capacitor across the battery scam is back. I have not seen those since the late 80's.

I wonder when the magnets on the gas line scam are going to resurface.

Yes the device is a fake item, run away screaming.

:sign20: I worked for a farm supply back then. It was amazing how many cow magnets I sold to the dealers.... :rotf::rotf:

Here is a decent article and there is also a link to the EPA page where they tested over 100 devices. NONE worked. The magnet scam claimed that the "special" magnets somehow rearranged the gasoline molecules making combustion more complete.

Now THAT sounds like the FITCH fuel capsules lol.. drop a few of those in your tank and see what happens.. thanks for the link.. good read

Here is a decent article and there is also a link to the EPA page where they tested over 100 devices. NONE worked. The magnet scam claimed that the "special" magnets somehow rearranged the gasoline molecules making combustion more complete.

http://www.moneytalksnews.com/2008/09/24/gas-saving-devices-a-scam/

I heard the magnets excited the molecules when taped to the gas line in a polar opposite position. And there is no such thing as area 51..... :sign20: :whistling: