IGNORED

Tool Kit replacement

660grizz

I cannot answer your question directly but I can caution you that you will probably want to add a 17mm wrench (oil drain plug), an air gauge that reads more than 20psi, a spark plug socket that fits our plugs (18mm),

I do not have an OEM kit (the previous owner said he could not find it) so I picked up a few nylon bags and filled it on my own tools (for much less than $80 I might add).

Hopefully someone else can chime in to help answer your question though. I know that there are a few threads that discuss the OEM tool kit (or the discussions may be buried in the threads anyways).

According to the Assembly manual (for 2001 to 2004 bikes anyway) the OEM tool kit should include:

Tool bag,

Wrench (10mm, 12mm),

Wrench (14m, 17mm),

screwdriver grip,

scredriver bit (phillips-slotted),

screwdriver bit (phillips),

4mm Hex wrench,

5mm hex wrench,

6mm hex wrench,

8mm hex wrench,

spark plug wrench,

spannar handle,

air gauge,

pliers

I looked at purchacing an OEM kit just to make my bike complete but decided against it since the cheapest I could find it was for $70 and in my experience the OEM tool kits end up with chinsey tools anyways.

Hope this helps.

that seems a little high. i frequent pawn shops & the bins of tools are numerous. i am going to put together a tool kit from these bins. should be in the 20 to30 dollar range. i have pig leather i can make a roll pouch or pick one up at local harbor freight.

• 1 month later...