IGNORED

Uneven throttle response?

I have noticed that my 2005 RSV 'seems' to have uneven acceleration. At highway speeds in either 4th or 5th if I roll on the throttle I think it is more responsive just before wide open. If I roll it wide open, it still accelerates, but I 'feel' it is not as strong.

This bike has the power to pull out and pass, no problem. Gas mileage is good, and I have recently replace plugs and fuel filter, and air filters look good. Bike has about 24000 miles on it. New Elite III tires.

I have tried it for top speed one day. Needle went way up there, but did not bury it (about 190 -195 km/hr or close to 115 mph). That doesn't matter to me, but I include that in case someone has any ideas. So anyone have any suggestions? I will ride the bike the way it is and be happy..it is just one of those things that I would like to address.

I had an old 81 GW that had the same symptoms, but much much worse. Wide open it would barely accelerate. That turned out to be worn needles etc; and nothing a bunch of money wouldn't cure:mad:.

Thanks.

Remember that 5th gear is an overdrive and the V-4 engine does like to rev.

But it also sounds like you may need to sync your carbs. I would fill up the tank and toss in a half can of Sea Foam carb cleaner and run it on the highway for 100 miles or so. See if it clears it up. You would be surprised at how much improvement is made by just a simple carb sync.

Forgot to mention that since I just bought the bike around May or so, I had the carbs synced almost right away. Sync was fine. As far as the acceleration thing, it probably was there right from the start.