IGNORED

Daniel Boone Trail/Cumberland Parkway

Guest HdHtr

I am heading up into northern Kentucky in a couple of weeks. I plan on connecting with I-75 at Corbin, KY via the Daniel Boone Trail/Cumberland Parkway.

Has anyone rode this section(s) of road lately and are there any tolls?

Appreciate any information!

I rode around in that area a couple of years ago with my mother as passenger. The trip file is on my home computer. I will post later today when I can get to it.

There are several great roads in the area. Natural Bridges State Park is a great stopping spot. There is also a back road just north of NBSP that has a hand hewn tunnel that leads to a great road.

Til later.

RR

Thanks for the info Don and RR I look forward to seeing the pics if you can post them.

I am going to be hustling through the area on the way up but hope I can tool through the area there on the way back. Probably stop for fuel in Middlesboro and that ought to get me up 75 to Georgetown before I have to stop again.

:mo money:

I am heading up into northern Kentucky in a couple of weeks. I plan on connecting with I-75 at Corbin, KY via the Daniel Boone Trail/Cumberland Parkway.

Has anyone rode this section(s) of road lately and are there any tolls?

Appreciate any information!

STEVE--gonna spend:mo money::mo money:make sure that ya visit the Harlan Sanders shrine[The KING of Ky. fried chicken]:usa:

No tolls, decent roads, plenty of hungry cops to play with.

There seems to be lots of hungry cops everywhere!! Not enough donut shops around if you ask me ...

Steve,

Brenda and I rode from Somerset to Bowling Green a few weeks ago and all the toll booths have been removed from that section.

Lynn in Barcelona, Spain

Thanks Lynn! Barcelona, Spain?? Say, you float that 2nd gen over there? And did you use paddles or what?

:mo money:STEVE--gonna spend:mo money::mo money:make sure that ya visit the Harlan Sanders shrine[The KING of Ky. fried chicken]:usa:

Now Jrichard ... I plan on taking this trip on the cheap ... still can't find where all that recovery and reinvestment money is buried ...

Say! Where is the KFC Shrine? They give free samples?

Yea, the Dunkin Donut shop in Lexington North end closed up.

Jeeze, that's too bad. I'll be coming through Lexington at the last 100 or so of a 600 mile day ... a Dunkin Donut would have been nice! Is there one in Georgetown maybe?? I am meeting up with Buddy there.

Now Jrichard ... I plan on taking this trip on the cheap ... still can't find where all that recovery and reinvestment money is buried ...

!

Say! Where is the KFC Shrine? They give free samples?

Stop is Corbin KY and you can't miss it! The "Original" KFC.... No tolls on any of the parkways anymore, just beautiful, interstate class roads with NO traffic.:thumbsup:

Enjoy your ride and welcome to the Bluegrass state... By the by, if ya feel adverturesome, head over to Bardstown, each lunch at the old stage stop on the square and THEN hit the "Bourbon Trail" and tour the distilleries.....:happy-emoticon: Ride Safe!

.... No tolls on any of the parkways anymore, just beautiful, interstate class roads with NO traffic.

I second that. We just got home from the International Rally on Sunday. We took the Cumberland and Daniel Boone parkways all the way across KY. Then hit 460 in VA. It was a great ride.

On the way out we hit the bluegrass parkway which was really nice also.

We will definately be back to KY.

Actually the route he states "Cumberland Parkway" was never toll. It is also known as US25e. When you get into Corbin, 25e will end at a stop light. At that light US25 goes north/south. If you turn left onto 25 south the first, original Kentucky Fried Chicken house is about 1 mile down and on your right. Still sell chicken out of there.

No Dunkin in Georgetown either. What time do you plan on being in Gtown, and from there where you heading? I may tag along for the ride. I'm in Lexington, exit 115, about 3 miles in toward town. If you get started this way and develop any problems, I have trucks, trailers and a roll back, more tools than 3 people can put back in tool box in an hour too. And if all else fails, a welder

If you have Streets and Trips software, here is my file from the trip with my Mom.

If not, let me know and I will type up a description.

RR

Couldn't open it! I guess I don't have the right software for it.

Actually the route he states "Cumberland Parkway" was never toll. It is also known as US25e. When you get into Corbin, 25e will end at a stop light. At that light US25 goes north/south. If you turn left onto 25 south the first, original Kentucky Fried Chicken house is about 1 mile down and on your right. Still sell chicken out of there.

No Dunkin in Georgetown either. What time do you plan on being in Gtown, and from there where you heading? I may tag along for the ride. I'm in Lexington, exit 115, about 3 miles in toward town. If you get started this way and develop any problems, I have trucks, trailers and a roll back, more tools than 3 people can put back in tool box in an hour too. And if all else fails, a welder

Thanks Bob! I am leaving from the Vass/Fort Bragg area of NC around 6 am on the 31st enroute to a little place about 65 miles north of Georgetown in KY. I thought about heading up on the 30th but Buddy won't be in the area until the 31st and I be staying with him while up there. I figure to be around Middlesboro around 2 pm or so and up around Georgetown between 4 pm and 6 pm. That's where I am meeting up with BuddyRich. You wanna meet up with us there? Dunno exactly where yet but it'll be somewhere close to I-75. Not sure exactly how long we are gonna be up there but it'll be at least 3 or 4 days.

Stop is Corbin KY and you can't miss it! The "Original" KFC.... No tolls on any of the parkways anymore, just beautiful, interstate class roads with NO traffic.:thumbsup:

Enjoy your ride and welcome to the Bluegrass state... By the by, if ya feel adverturesome, head over to Bardstown, each lunch at the old stage stop on the square and THEN hit the "Bourbon Trail" and tour the distilleries.....:happy-emoticon: Ride Safe!

Thanks for the info, if time allows I will.