IGNORED

Radio quit working

SoJourner

What did it do? I suspect that it's the connections in the faring. Lots of people have had the problem with the controller. Either it comes on and the buttons won't work or it will not come on at all.

Either case, most of the time, it can be linked to the connectors for the radio and or handlebar controller unit inside the faring. The fix is to split the faring and take all the audio connectors apart, clean them, put dielectric grease on them and then put them back together. There are also some connectors to the rear audio/intercom/CB under the passengers seat that could use the same treatment.

Hope this helps you out. I'll look for Freebird's "how to split your faring" tech article and post a link to it.

Here it is:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=494&highlight=splitting+faring

If you have an MP3 player or a GPS unit this might be a good opportunity to hook up a "Y" splitter on the auxiliary input plug so you can run a cable to the handle bars for inputing the output of either of those devices to the auxiliary of the stereo and leave the one in the cassette compartment free for a second input.

My Radio quit working this morning. Can anyone tell me what things I should check before taking it to the dealer?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

I can help you fix it tonight, or tomorrow for you.

Most likely, you need Dialectric grease on the connectors (got to split the fairing)

Not a hard ask at all to pull the connector apart and add the grease..

I dont remember, but do you have a back rest on yours?

If so, the problem could also be a pinched wire between back rest bracket and rear fender (dont ask me how I know this)...

i was at the dealer yesterday talking to the wrench and a guy stoped to get his VR they had just replaced the controler on the bars it went bad it was replaced under warrenty that small controler is not cheap if you have to pay for it 580. is what Larry told me the price was for it