IGNORED

Finally got her back on the road.

uncledj

I tore down my first gen (87) to do some overdue maintenence, and finally took her out for a quick shakedown, and I must say, since I put in the new clutches and doubled up on the spring, this bike has no problem pulling the front wheel off the ground. WOW does she run!

In any case I changed the clutches, changed the fork seals, upgrading to progressive springs, pulled and cleaned the starter, replaced the fuseblock, upgrading to atc fuses, added auxilliary driving lights, installed "highway" floorboards way up front, stripped, polished and clearcoated the engine covers, replaced front brakes, yanked the cheesy am fm cassette and cb that the last owner had installed, (don't plan on using them) Installed a pretty cool GPS with MP3 capability, installed a OEM trunk luggage rack, (it's a standard, so it didn't have one), and repaired the broken tabs on the bodywork. So now, with the riding season more than half over, I'm ready to start riding again, and I'm excited.

I do HVAC work, so I'm usually pretty busy from May until about now, so I usually don't have much time to ride in the best part of Summer anyway, but I'll try to make up for it over the next month or two.

I'm really pleased with how this bike runs.

I only bought it this time last year, after researching the older "heavy" bikes, and decided that the Venture was the bike for me because it was generally accepted that it had more power and better handling than the GW, and I think I made a wise choice.

I'm not into all the fancy schmancy stuff anyway, I just wanted a bike that the wife would be comfortable on the back of.....she never liked riding on the back of my Nighthawk, but now I think I'll like riding this more than my beloved 85 Nighthawk cb700sc.

Just wanted to share my excitement, thanks for your attention.

:dancefool: